News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

A Radical Response to Terrorism

Started by Asmodean Prime, June 22, 2006, 10:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyV

Quote from: "Chris"Mikey V, I started to respond a month ago, but decided there would be no point in doing so.  I find this method of pulling selected passages to be useless, when the answers to the questions are already there.  When I realized that I would just be repeating myself, but in a disjointed and non-comprehensive manner, I decided against it.  I have reviewed my original essay.  I am satisfied that it addresses all of your "questions", if you would choose to see them.  I believe that you and Iplaw are more interested in creating heat than shedding light, so I welcome you two to engage in mutual back-slapping.  I have moved on to other matters.

Typical. Your essay points out percieved flaws and then provides non solutions. I don't need to "back-slap" anyone, because you failed to make a coherent argument, or even hint at solutions.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I was really interested in hearing how the doves propose to bring about change.

Do you honestly believe that:

QuoteThis third reason is the critical argument for a new approach to foreign policy...we need to approach the rapidly approaching future as a world community, gathering as many sane people as possible to ward off the looming threat.
is an answer? Other than your fascination with the word "approach", you haven't suggested any solutions. Hell, you don't really even define a problem.

QuoteWe need to allow the conflicts of the world to be resolved in different ways than we have in the past.

How? That's all I'm asking. You whet my appetite by telling me that there are conflicts in the world. I agree whole heartedly with this...it's obvious. Then you say we need to approach conflict resolution in a different manner than in the past. I suppose you believe that the only way we've ever resolved conflicts is through force. So, what methods do you suggest? You don't answer this anywhere in your essay. You offer no solutions, only carp about "problems". You have in effect pointed out the obvious, and then let it drop.

Come on...this is your chance to educate this free market libertarian nee republican on how the future should play out. If you choose not to do so, then why bother bloviating? I'm pretty sure that your too old to be doing this as a high school poli/sci term paper, you have something to say. So, say it!

Edit: typo
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

iplaw

Apparently he did and neither you nor I can decipher it.  Damn we're dumb. :wink:

MikeyV

Quote from: "iplaw"Apparently he did and neither you nor I can decipher it.  Damn we're dumb. :wink:

Apparently :-)
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

Asmodean Prime

Apparently.  Gentlemen, we are all in agreement.  Now, you two should go find another country to blow up.  America will be running short of enemies...have to keep that pump primed.  And Mikey, I don't think you're dumb...naive, short-sighted, Fox-Newsy, and seemingly incapable of following a complete line of reasoning...but dumb?  That would be harsh.  I am more compassionate than that.  Iplaw...well, he is amusing, in a rabid dog, restrained by a leash kinda way.

MikeyV

We're done here. You've just shown that although you can give history lectures, you can't elucidate on any one item. When pressed for clarification, you resort to name calling that belies your age. I guess I should have expected as much.

I can't follow a complete line of reasoning with your post because you haven't presented one. In typical liberal fashion, you have presented nothing, and then bad mouthed those who dared criticize, or asked for clarification. Excuse me for questioning your superior intellect and literary skills. But, unlike the first two responses to your essay, don't expect any congratulatory hand jobs from me. Like most of my poli/sci and English teachers, I expect you to actually say something.

As for your false assumption that I'm some sort of Fox News Ditto head, I don't watch Fox news. By the same token, I don't listen to NPR or Intelligence (I mean Radio) Free America.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, feel free to ignore me, because I will be ignoring you, asshole.
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.