News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: animals in your life
Last post by billy rubin - April 30, 2024, 11:56:00 PM
springtime again

took the five surviving hives and divided the three strongest into 10 nucs. said to self, those others are still too puny to swarm. theres plenty of time.

anyway, as usual, i was wrong, and this is the third to swarm in the last week and i have no time to get ahead of them:

so im catching my bees out of bushes and trying to get em into boxes before they fly away. this one was awkward, right up in an elm and i couldnt get em all in a box and couldnt shake the tree. messed with em until they got pissed enough to start stinging me and then i said said fuggit

so i went from one hive last spring to eleven or so now. i did not buy queens this time around, just letting the bees raise their own queens as im not in a hurry to get productivity. cant do that indefinietely, as inbred bees get mean after a few generations, and im talking about seriously mean. i dont mind getting stung a bit, but ive worked with bees so mean they chased me into the alfalfa and made me roll in it. that morning i shook 14 dead bees out of one boot. didnt take the other one off.
Music / Re: What are you listening to?
Last post by hermes2015 - April 30, 2024, 03:00:14 PM
I have a high bit rate recording of Walk on the Wild Side I use to show off my studio monitor speakers. The Little Joe he mentions was Joe Dallesandro (who wasn't so little), the hunky gay icon Andy Warhol used in his movies. But you probably wouldn't (or shouldn't) know about all that, since you are a BM.
Last post by billy rubin - April 30, 2024, 11:58:06 AM
lou reed was next. that whole warhol scene was iconic.

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - April 30, 2024, 10:31:31 AM

Last post by hermes2015 - April 30, 2024, 06:52:00 AM
Anna Caterina Antonacci sings Bailero, one of the Songs of the Auvergne by Joseph Canteloube.

Last post by hermes2015 - April 30, 2024, 06:32:18 AM
Thanks for that, Billy. Lola and Walk on the Wild Side are two of the greatest gay songs ever written.
Last post by billy rubin - April 29, 2024, 11:12:30 PM
Last post by Tank - April 29, 2024, 06:40:50 PM
He did some good stuff.
Miscellaneous / Re: Useful links
Last post by billy rubin - April 28, 2024, 11:56:14 PM
i have just stolen this to use in a conversation elsewhere
Social Issues and Causes / Re: ai attack home security sr...
Last post by Recusant - April 28, 2024, 08:43:04 PM
It's been a long time since I read Brunner's stuff. May be worth a re-visit.

AI in charge of home defense is a fine setting for black comedy.

Or you could just get a remote-controlled flame-throwing mechanical dog. That'll keep 'em at bay.