News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

It is still very very dry, there some green in the pic 'cause that's where our grey water empties.
I think this is the roo we've had for years, we watched raise a couple of babes.
I think she's blind now, maybe missing an eye, she keeps rubbing her head on the ground.
Very slow in her movements, hardly responding to my presence.

Happier times. :'(
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

cool

we dont have any marzupials here except one possum

interesting critters but not dramatic like yours

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on December 12, 2019, 01:22:13 PM
cool

we dont have any marzupials here except one possum

interesting critters but not dramatic like yours

Ye...
We don't have much measles here but they've got some in Samoa
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

It is snowing for two days now. There are many road accidents and traffic jams due to slippery roads.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Buddy

We had two days this week where it was cold enough to get snow, but now it's back up above freezing. It makes me suspicious of what January and February will bring
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Yesterday it should've rained, but it didn't. This heavy hot air is really getting to me.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Do you really want me to? Probably not. Especially because it's been another flop of a winter so far, and as has been the case for so many years, if nothing happens in December, nothing will ever happen.

It's at least not too warm today. But the next several days it's supposed to be in the mid 60s or above. =/

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

billy rubin

do you like winter, harmonie?

i'll take 118 F over 32 F any day of the year.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Harmonie

Quote from: billy rubin on December 22, 2019, 10:25:47 PM
do you like winter, harmonie?

i'll take 118 F over 32 F any day of the year.

I hate the heat, and the winter is the only real respite from the heat where I live. Plus, when it gets chilly (which is very off and on where I live during the winter) I just put on layers and I'm fine. Sure the cold doesn't feel good either, but all of the bad things that are associated with warmer/hot weather (tornadoes, bugs, etc.) make the cold paradise.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

billy rubin

lol

i'm originally from oklahoma. tornado season brings the most spectacular skyscapes that you could imagine.

i had a brit come live with me for a while one spring. he was an actor learning how to be a chimpanzee for a tarzan movie, and i was associated with a chimpanzee research center.

i thought he would break his neck the way he wandered around looking at the sky all the time.

Buddy

It was a suspiciously sunny and warm 50 degree day
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Harmonie

Freezing fog this morning. I better enjoy it, because I know this is the extent of winter weather we'll be seeing.

Quote from: billy rubin on December 22, 2019, 11:15:34 PM
lol

i'm originally from oklahoma. tornado season brings the most spectacular skyscapes that you could imagine.

i had a brit come live with me for a while one spring. he was an actor learning how to be a chimpanzee for a tarzan movie, and i was associated with a chimpanzee research center.

i thought he would break his neck the way he wandered around looking at the sky all the time.

I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life and I couldn't care less about the skyscapes. I care about living through each Spring. This previous May we had a constant barrage of tornadic storms. It was nearly every single day and night. Tornado sirens were blaring all of the time. The emergency broadcast sound on my phone now sends me into disarray because every single time it happened in May we had to take cover (which we got tornado warnings even when the meteorologists said the storms wouldn't be bad, so it could happen at any time). This is so much so that even at my workplace one day it was raining and the emergency broadcasts went off on everyone's phones and we were all freaking out even though it was a flash flood warning instead.

I don't even want to think about this. It is December. The weather is peaceful. Even if we don't get winters anymore it is still far better than the hell that is "Spring".

billy rubin

well, i can certainly see your point.

Tank

Outsider dumb question. Why does anybody live in 'Tornado Ally'?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

oklahoma can be a w9nderful place, when the sirens are quiet.

biologically it divides north america into north, south, east, and west.

5he southeast is eastern deciduous woodland wi5h 56 inches of rain, whil3 the northwest is high plains with 18 inches. alligators in the southeast versus pronghorn antelope in the northwest

its the easternmost border for western animals like the kangaroo ratsz, and the wester n border for eastern animals like the p8leated woodpecker.

but the winds can be intense in the springtime, for sure. ive seen my share of trailer homes hanging in the treetops, and metal barns flipped upside down. harmonie can probably tell similqr stories.