News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 22, 2019, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 21, 2019, 10:25:11 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 21, 2019, 09:57:39 AM
Last night it was 3°. Maximum of 6° expected today where I live, which is about 1750m above sea level.

Fahrenheit or Celsius?  Where do you live, generally?

Sorry, I did not think to specify. My home is in Johannesburg (the one in South Afirica).
Ha! I'm watching the movie: District 9. It takes place in Johannesburg.
The prawns.  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on June 30, 2019, 06:23:32 AM
Last night it was 3°. Maximum of 6° expected today where I live, which is about 1750m above sea level.

Sorry, I did not think to specify. My home is in Johannesburg (the one in South Afirica).

There was supposed to be a sequel to that,
Return of the Prawns or something.
Hasn't happened yet, probably crustaphobia at work again.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Ha, I've never seen it, but I have seen Chappie, which was also made here. I am going out shopping later, so will keep my eyes peeled for any rogue prawns.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 30, 2019, 09:55:46 AM

There was supposed to be a sequel to that,
Return of the Prawns or something.
Hasn't happened yet, probably crustaphobia at work again.
crustaphobia.
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 30, 2019, 09:56:02 AM

Ha, I've never seen it, but I have seen Chappie, which was also made here. I am going out shopping later, so will keep my eyes peeled for any rogue prawns.
Tank has mentioned the movie, Chappie. I want to see it.

xSilverPhinx

This past week the weather's been all crazy. Near 0 degree C temps at night and 15 degrees during the day tops to nearly 30 degrees these past couple of days.

Now it's raining and temperatures will drop again. How can you not get sick in these circumstances?!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

We are having a nice sunny spell here at the moment.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Weather forecasts high temperatures tomorrow.  :tumbleweed:

jumbojak

We're under an extreme heat warning. Have been for nearly a week and will be until next Wednesday. A restaurant next door to us lost their kitchen air conditioning last week and put off fixing it. This heat wave and the added load on their dining room killed those air conditioners too. They were shut down yesterday and have to wait for COMPLETE SYSTEM REPLACEMENT before they can open again.

If you go directly from our back door to our walk in cooler fog rises from your body. It's fucking hot and extremely humid.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Woke up to 1° this morning, without a cloud in sight. There is a magic period of about 20 minutes when the sun rises and golden rays stream horizontally into one window in my music room. That's when I took the recent photos I submitted.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on December 28, 2014, 07:25:20 PM
Quote from: Crow on December 28, 2014, 06:28:57 PMLook everyone! New world people using outdated units of measurement, lets all point and laugh.

What's the speed limit in kph on you nearest highway? No cheating.....

― Charles Eames

Essie Mae

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 21, 2019, 05:54:43 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on December 28, 2014, 07:25:20 PM
Quote from: Crow on December 28, 2014, 06:28:57 PMLook everyone! New world people using outdated units of measurement, lets all point and laugh.

What's the speed limit in kph on you nearest highway? No cheating.....

If Highway is the equivalent of Motorway, then it's the A1M which operates under the national speed limit of 70 mph, around 115 kph. Our roads through towns often don't have the limit displayed; you just know when you see lamp posts that it's 30 mph or 50 kph. I can know some of the conversions from driving in Australia.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Rain, rain go away! Come again another day!

Davin

It rained yesterday morning. Cooled things off to about 80°f. By 3pm is was over 100°f. It got up to 107°f before cooling down. It's pretty bad getting up there normally, but with the humidity it was extra unpleasant.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on July 25, 2019, 03:33:39 PM
It rained yesterday morning. Cooled things off to about 80°f. By 3pm is was over 100°f. It got up to 107°f before cooling down. It's pretty bad getting up there normally, but with the humidity it was extra unpleasant.

Take comfort in the thought that it's going to be worse for the next generation.
But when he gets older it's going to be worse and he'll feel it more.
Shut up! I'm trying to be positive.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.