News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Harmonie on November 14, 2018, 09:58:33 PM
It snowed the other day. Sadly, I didn't really get to see it much since I was at work, and walking to the front doors to see the snow in my current condition is really hard on me. =(

It depends on the cause of your pain, but if you can get hold of some Celebrex capsules, they may bring some relief.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

It turned damn cold here in a hurry. I got a good workout running a grinder and was still chilly. More long Johns are on order.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 15, 2018, 04:27:45 AM
It turned damn cold here in a hurry. I got a good workout running a grinder and was still chilly. More long Johns are on order.

Thank you for that mental image!  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 17, 2018, 07:07:44 PM
Looks like a storm's coming. :worried:

It was a puny storm. The weather god had a few burps and cried a few tears.

Essie Mae

It's been a glorious day here today; cold, but blinding sun in a clear blue sky. Sun was so bright we had to sit side by side in the pub with our backs to the window; we couldn't sit opposite each other. It's getting cold now but 1deg and no frost forecast overnight.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Rainclouds overhead but no rain. At least they block some of the scathing rays from the sun.

Someone hasn't been doing the rain dance properly!   :foottap:

jumbojak

Well, considering that you're the only member in Brazil that someone is you. Now, get out there and transition from the Funky Chicken into the Electric Slide.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 24, 2018, 01:29:37 PM
Well, considering that you're the only member in Brazil that someone is you. Now, get out there and transition from the Funky Chicken into the Electric Slide.

:worried: Okay...but will that make my rain dance any less awkward?  :zombie:

xSilverPhinx

Yesterday it rained like hell, now today the temperature dropped to around 20 degrees C.

Harmonie

It's nice outside today, I suppose. I haven't been out there. Lol. I just know it's in the low 50s.

A couple of evenings ago we dealt with severe thunderstorms of all things. A really bad tornado hit a couple of counties east. On the last day of November. >.> This is supposed to be the one time of the year we don't deal with that nonsense.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Essie Mae

We're having lots of silly rain. You can barely see it but by the time you've walked a few yards you're soaked. Why can't there be a proper downpour and then a sunny spell?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Kind of cold today. This weather's gone all crazy.

Icarus

Today my ambient temp was a pleasant 75F. The rain came this afternoon.  That is a precursor of an approaching  cold front at this time of year.  In less than 48 hours we may very well have temps in the low 40s (F) Brrrr!

jumbojak

Cool today but not quite chilly. I was freezing to death this time last week.