News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Remember that thunder storm me and Bruno spoke of? Well now there's snow lol
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on March 02, 2017, 08:32:34 AM

Did you get any accumulation of snow Arturo? All we got was a little dusting.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 02, 2017, 03:14:57 PM
Quote from: Arturo on March 02, 2017, 08:32:34 AM

Did you get any accumulation of snow Arturo? All we got was a little dusting.

There was when I wrote the post but most of it melted despite the phone saying it's 27 degrees.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Well shit...the wind knocked out the power.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 08, 2017, 06:12:13 PM
So buy a wind generator for next time!

:)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on March 08, 2017, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: Arturo on March 08, 2017, 06:12:13 PM
So buy a wind generator for next time!

:)

Wind is nuts here in Southfield where I work, building feels and sounds like it's going to fall over. I had to run out earlier and driving on the freeway was nuts, with winds gusting up to 50 mph.

I saw a number of signs blown over, and right here by our office one of the tall street lights fell over into a parking lot at the Coney Island and hit a couple cars.

I have a generator at home, but I haven't fired it up in probably 10 years, almost afraid to at this point. Probably need to run some type of fuel cleaner through it, or since I have very little engine aptitude (Patience that is) maybe I'll take it to a small engine tech to check out for me.

Harmonie

Well, for the first time in forever it is nice and chilly. It just sleeted for five minutes. That's the only remote sign of winter weather we've had since December.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Guardian85

It finally stopped fucking snowing!

Any more and I could have walked onto the roof.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Thatsa lota snowa!  8)

You get strong as bull shoveling all of that, though it appears you have plows doing most of the work.

We hardly had any snow here in Michigan this past winter, now it's nothing but rain, dampness and misery.

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 31, 2017, 12:59:14 PM
Thatsa lota snowa!  8)

You get strong as bull shoveling all of that, though it appears you have plows doing most of the work.

We hardly had any snow here in Michigan this past winter, now it's nothing but rain, dampness and misery.
Hardly any snow for 5 years!
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Guardian85

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 31, 2017, 12:59:14 PM
Thatsa lota snowa!  8)

My father wisely invested in a snow blower a couple of years ago. Still a fair bit of work.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Harmonie

That's more snow than we've seen since early 2011, total, doubled...Tripled...Heck, probably quadrupled. Probably even more than that.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tom62

Spring has arrived. It is sunny and temperatures are between 18-24 degrees :).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Autumn here. It's still warm during the day (around 20 to 27 degrees) but the temperature drops at night. I still like to sleep with my fan on, though.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

I said earlier that if we got any more snow I could walk onto the roof.

Turns out there was already enough.

-Unknown Smartass-