News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Well, here's the supposed snowfall amounts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/03/21/massachusetts-spring-snowstorm-totals/lpJvqvegqqzgmNEgxDSInK/story.html

Make of that what you will. We got 2 inches, and this was the view out my office window by the afternoon:

EDIT:

Here's PC's pics (you just need to right-click->Copy Image Address):

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

I think I see four inches piled up off to the side in that parking lot in PC's picture, does that count?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 22, 2016, 01:44:25 AM
I think I see four inches piled up off to the side in that parking lot in PC's picture, does that count?
The Monkey clutches at straws  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny

Going autumnal here, I'm wearing an extra layer, a blanket on the bed.
We'll get a reprieve but it's only going to get worse, it's so depressing.

Pasta Chick

I wasn't able to right click. It was very weird. I usually use Facebook to host photos here because it's so easy. But thanks! I am glad someone got it to work!

So I was willing to concede on the basis of total snowfall, but the town closest to that (Natick) still only got 3.6 inches. I have no way of knowing what happened at home - Worcester would be closest but it's on the other side of a front line so it could be totally different. As evidenced by this mornings commute, when it snowed to near white-out conditions and covered the roadways at the Leicester/Spencer line and half of Oxford. Nowhere else. It was sunny.

I will began the search for a proper avatar...

Sandra Craft

It's very, very windy here, so I'm sure it's snowing elsewhere . . .
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Weather forecasters are saying that it will be rainy Friday to Monday, which means that it's highly likely that it'll be sunny. :grin: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Portions of the Western section of my state saw snow this morning. More snow than we got where I live for the whole winter, total.  :waah:

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Icarus

There is no snow in Florida. I will not need my snow tires or chains. Temp range 68 to 85 with palm trees.

Buddy

It's snowing. In April. It was 60 degrees yesterday.

>:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

It's 39F/4C here, windy and extremely damp. I hate the dampness. I'd rather it was 20 degrees colder, and dry...I don't care how warm you dress, the dampness just creeps into your bones and tissue, like a cold spirit or demon.

I can't be motivated to go outside in this crap today, skipped my yoga class this morning, and that's the first time all year I skipped a Saturday class.

For me if hell does exist it's not hot at all, but a mild, damp, miserable climate,...so your back, and the mid-point between your shoulders becomes sore from trying to scrunch the muscles together in an attempt to keep warm.

...and of course it's run by kats and nuns.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

The weather is crazy here. It snowed yesterday (36F/3C) and now we have temperatures around 64F/18C.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Harmonie

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 02, 2016, 04:23:58 PM
It's snowing. In April. It was 60 degrees yesterday.

>:(

Where I live, I'd be shocked if we had a snowstorm following a day that was cold. The days [during the winter] where it gets up in the 60s and 70s are actually the days to watch out for being right before the biggest winter storms where I live.

Except for this year... It was just 60s and 70s and now snow, or any cold.  :headshake:

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Guardian85

The temperature has turned,  and the snow is melting like crazy.
Spring approaches. Allergics brace for natures chemical warfare campaign.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Pasta Chick