News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Date Thread

Started by Bad Penny II, November 03, 2020, 10:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

571 - Muhammad was born. 

In other news that year, another one of my ancestors, Oleg the Dickless, was rejected again in his 14th proposal of marriage.

Tank

1952 - Vern Barberis, an Australian, won the bronze medal in Men's Lightweight Weightlifting at the Helsinki summer games.

1216, July 17th, 8:20 PM
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on November 15, 2020, 08:13:00 AM
1952 - Vern Barberis, an Australian, won the bronze medal in Men's Lightweight Weightlifting at the Helsinki summer games.

Oh that's sounds sensible, I didn't know it was a thing.  Very good, lifting light weights instead of heavy ones, I approve.  It should do away with all that unattractive huffing and puffing.

1216, July 17th, 8:20 PM

There were some boss guys in England or France who wanted what some other boss guys had.  So they sent some of their lads to take it. It should have been theirs anyway, god agreed.  They might have succeeded.

stardate 44002.3
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Stardate 44002.3

Captain's Log, Stardate 44002.3. Repairs are complete and the Enterprise is warping to rendezvous with Starfleet at Wolf 359. Communications from the site of battle have been cut off, possibly due to Borg interference.

1932 1st February.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

1932 1st February

10 year old Lennie and his pony Ginger Mick, after a journey of many hundreds of kms near their destination, the opening of the Coat-hanger.
https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/peter-lalor-rpt/10426046

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bluenose

2001:  Dave had some trouble opening the pod-bay door

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

What is known is that Pedro de Alvarado defeated several tribes in Central America.

What is not so known is that one of his soldiers peed in his rum that night and Pedro drank it.  That's where we get Daiquiris.

2020, December 14 

Randy

2020 December 14 - The electors vote Joe Biden in as the next president.

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

In 1334 some Pope died and another Pope took over, thus perpetuating that whole scene. And there was much rejoicing.

Magdalena

In 1836, Bad Penny II started talking to people about creating a new game thread on the forum. His idea finally took off in 1862.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

In 1692 religious people were having fun with burning witches in Salem.

2024?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

2024 - One of Trump's children make a bid for the White House and fail.

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

1662 - A drunk Spaniard got into a fight with a drunk Native American in East Texas, and while they were battling a drunk French explorer took all their stuff and slipped back into Louisiana.  His friends got drunk to celebrate his return. 

December 7, 1941

billy rubin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 19, 2020, 04:53:54 PM

December 7, 1941

my aunt alma put away the stuff from her 34th birthday the day before.

she was born with spina bifida and wasn't expected to live very long.  she outlasted every one of her doctors and died at the age of 94.

18 april 1906

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

18 april 1906

Jelly wobbled in San Francisco.

20th November 1789