Main Menu

Hello from Atlanta. :)

Started by Randy, May 11, 2020, 02:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Biscuits and gravy.

Discuss.

Recusant

Not tacos, therefore inherently inferior.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Hello, Randy, from Atlanta, welcome.
  :computerwave:

I live in LA and I was just telling my family the other day that I wanted to visit Atlanta one day. A lot of good rappers/actors have come out of Atlanta like T.I., Ludacris, Andreé 3000, Donald Glover, etc, etc, etc.

I also like your avatar, I remember seeing that character in the movie, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I hope you like it here... and stay for a while.  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on May 11, 2020, 10:43:12 PM
Hello, Randy, from Atlanta, welcome.
  :computerwave:

I live in LA and I was just telling my family the other day that I wanted to visit Atlanta one day. A lot of good rappers/actors have come out of Atlanta like T.I., Ludacris, Andreé 3000, Donald Glover, etc, etc, etc.

I also like your avatar, I remember seeing that character in the movie, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I hope you like it here... and stay for a while.  ;)

We do have our share of talent. :) But Los Angeles I'm sure is teaming with talent.
The avatar: You are correct. I liked the movie although I had never read the graphic novel. I've heard it is quite different from what I've read. I just thought it was a fun film to watch with popcorn.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: Recusant on May 11, 2020, 10:10:52 PM
:mb lol:  This site is ancient, in internet years. No need to concern yourself that a topic has previously been discussed. It probably has, but so what?

Now you tell me. I went through eight pages of a topic (I don't quite remember the name) about good films to see before I made my post.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: No one on May 11, 2020, 10:22:01 PM
Biscuits and gravy.

Discuss.

Ah yes, let's discuss this delicacy. :) I grew up with them. I haven't always lived in Georgia but my father was born and raised here before joining the army. When he cooked we were sure to get it in some form or fashion. He was a mess sergeant and was used to making cream beef gravy over biscuits which if they were big enough he'd call "Cat heads".

Anyway, we'd have beef stew (with lots of gravy) on biscuits, the cream beef I mentioned, brown gravy, white gravy... I don't remember if there were any more. It's been quite a few years since I've had the pleasure of his cooking. My family genetically doesn't get fat it seems so no one was watching their waist line. :)

No one

I would put a good biscuits and gravy amongst the greatest breakfast foods.

When I lived in #$$^&*%$#, there was this hole in the wall little shack that had fantastic biscuits and gravy.

Randy

QuoteWhen I lived in #$$^&*%$#, there was this hole in the wall little shack that had fantastic biscuits and gravy.

Those hole in the wall places can be great! I can't remember the last one I was in as it has been well over twenty years. I've lost track.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on May 11, 2020, 05:21:28 PM
If you want to look at the three I've created so far you can visit www.renderforever.com. There is a tab at the top called Wildcards. Hover over that and you'll be able to select between them.

Wow, impressive!  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 11, 2020, 10:43:12 PM

Ha! That's where it's from! I remember watching that as a guilty pleasure as a teenager. Went off and borrowed the book from the library soon after.  ;D Oscar Wilde's writing style appeals to me.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

I bought the DVD after I had seen it at the theater. I took my son with me. That was a long time ago. Anyway, I watched the DVD a few times.

I'm in a hospital bed downstairs in my daughter's house. My bedroom is upstairs but I can't use it. Anyway, the TV and the Blu Ray player are up there. I wonder if the DVD survived the move? I'm pretty sure it did. I'll have to watch it again soon.  :)

Randy

QuoteWow, impressive!  8)

I'm glad you like it. It takes several months to do one,

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 13, 2020, 10:43:44 PM
If you want to look at the three I've created so far you can visit www.renderforever.com. There is a tab at the top called Wildcards. Hover over that and you'll be able to select between them.

Wow, impressive!  8)

I had the same reaction when I finally had some time to look at your work. It is indeed impressive: your style and the production are truly professional.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Wow, impressive!  8)

:this:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 14, 2020, 04:44:16 AM

Wow, impressive!  8)

I had the same reaction when I finally had some time to look at your work. It is indeed impressive: your style and the production are truly professional.

Thanks Hermes. It takes me several months to make one so it isn't an easy job for one person. :)