News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Toxic waste gone mad

Started by Icarus, June 18, 2020, 09:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Randy

That's awful. I wonder what the working conditions are like? It was probably asked and got no answer. It's just all that sulfur and coal dust they have to breathe. I guess China doesn't care as long as we buy the latest gadgets.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tom62

It is a sad that we live in a consumer world, where people think it is necessary to replace their electronic devices every x. numbers of months. I try to use my electronic devices as long as possible. Only last year I retired a 12 year's old notebook, because it was literally falling apart and I'm still using a 2009 iMac. Most of my previous PC's, I've given away to charity organisations or friends.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Aye, in my gaming circle, I'm often dumped on for not upgrading my PC at least every year. But I figure, as long as I can keep playing the latest games (by reducing the GFX settings), I'm good. So I go 3-7 years between upgrades and I rarely ever upgrade the MB, Proc, RAM, and Video Card all in one go.

My phone, I like to keep as long as possible. I like everything I have to go as long as possible.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

Randy

Quote from: Davin on June 19, 2020, 06:01:14 PM
Aye, in my gaming circle, I'm often dumped on for not upgrading my PC at least every year. But I figure, as long as I can keep playing the latest games (by reducing the GFX settings), I'm good. So I go 3-7 years between upgrades and I rarely ever upgrade the MB, Proc, RAM, and Video Card all in one go.

My phone, I like to keep as long as possible. I like everything I have to go as long as possible.
I've had my phone since before my daughter got married. My last one was a flip phone which was still working but I had it for many years too. I traded in for something better.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg