News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I'm staying at home today. There is ice on the streets everywhere, so I don't want to break my legs or neck.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

It looks like we are getting Toms weather. It doesn't look like it'll get much above freezing for a whole week!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

one month to go before the peepers hit

last year it was 09 march

id put up a video but i have no idea how to obtain the youtube url from the video. i can watch it but there is no option available for a link

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Monday the forecast is high of 21, low of 5 F.  Never been that cold in my life.

Icarus

Yikes Ecurb! Are you sure that you are in Texas?

Today my afternoon temp was in the low 80s, Nights mid 60s.

billy rubin

stinking snow.

if i wanted snow iwould have moved somewhere that snowed a lot.

wait

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Geez, it's getting worse.  For Monday they are forecasting a high of 16F and a low of -2F here in Central Texas.  The lowest I've ever seen here was 8F in the 1980s.  I'll have the heat on full blast and also a continuous fire in the fireplace.  It won't get above freezing for 3 days.  I know some of you see this all the time, but not us, not here.  See you on the other side, I hope!

Icarus

Serious stuff going on in Texas Ecurb.  Todays' news reported numerous deaths caused by a colossal highway crash near Dallas- Ft. Worth.  Ice sheets of near half inch thick on I 35.   

This is sure to persuade more people that global warming is a deep state hoax.

billy rubin

well we have 20 inchez of snow forecast over the next week

tomorrow ill go to town and buy four or five more propane bottles, get some more sweet feed and corn for the goats, and buy a tarp to cover tye haybales so i dont have to dig through the snow to feed the animals

maybe some beervtoo, as were going to be stuck in the houze for much of the week

ill get the hoys to spend the nights in town so they can get to school. we have a friend in iur meeting who puts them up in bad weather

xSilverPhinx

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 13, 2021, 10:22:26 PM
Hot and humid today. Ugh.

Could I get some of your weather? It is far too cold here. I had a walk to our bakery this morning (approx. 1km walk) and even though I wore thick, warm gloves, my hands were frozen.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on February 14, 2021, 10:49:05 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 13, 2021, 10:22:26 PM
Hot and humid today. Ugh.

Could I get some of your weather? It is far too cold here. I had a walk to our bakery this morning (approx. 1km walk) and even though I wore thick, warm gloves, my hands were frozen.

I would gladly trade. For a little while.  ;D

Harmonie

We've been below freezing for many days and today and tomorrow it's not supposed to get out of the single digits. I have never seen that happen in my life. The lowest high I have ever seen was 15 or so.

I'm so glad, though. It has been an absurdly warm winter. We were rarely even hitting freezing for overnight lows and I think the lowest we had seen was 27 degrees. Thank goodness for this cold spell. The bugs were going to be terrible this year, but this has certainly hindered that from happening now.

Also it's snowing. As to whether or not we end up with the highest amounts of snow accumulation over the next few days in ten years is left to be seen, but it is certainly looking possible, likely even.  :)

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

billy rubin

all the snow isstill there but its been raining all day and so there is a layer of ice on top of it

my lovely wife told me not to go outside so i had to go see and crunched around a little. then i stepped back onto the kitchen porch onto some ice i did nt see and wrenched my trick knee

so now i get the i told you so s

kids got into town okay yesterday and can stay in a building with heat near theschool. aint nobody going out even if ee could. no way to get up the hills on the ice