News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

I am always running out of tobacco.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

I am always running out of patience.

MarcusA

MarcusA

Grumpy Bums growl their terrible growls.

MarcusA

Typos don't bother me, bad ideas bother me.

MarcusA

The problem with political correctness is that it blocks legitimate thought.

MarcusA

There is no sense of order to the world.

MarcusA

billy rubin

the woman in my office asked me what i was eating for dinner.

tofu, i said.

tofu, is that any good?

. . .youve never eaten tofu?

no.

so i made tofu for dinner, deep fried a pound so it would acquire a tough skin. then stir fried som mushrooms, green onions, a pepper, some garlic and ginger in the oil, put it in a bowl with the cooked tofu, some water and some white miso, and heated it. not hungry enough to put noodles in.

voila"

miso soup. sent her pitchers of the whole process.

she'd never heard of miso, either.

so i said, ill make you some for monday and bring it in. went to the grocers in the second biggest town (population 2000) and looked and looked and looked. they dont carry tofu. not at all. the nearest town (my town, population 300) doesnt sell anything except cattle feed.

i forgot where i live.

so now i have to go to the big city nearby (population 3000) and buy some tofu tomorrow. maybe more miso if they have it.

but i can go to the crisps aisle and buy all the pork cracklins i want, were i ever to want any pork cracklins.

ask bruce about pork cracklins. he'll know

and the other driver in the office while i was talking about this, i said, and around here they dont eat tofu, they eat squirrel heads.

and he said, yes, the brains are great . . . put em in sausage

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Billy, yall's neighbors is country.

(translation of hillbilly speak: his nearby associates are somewhat backward)

I hope the office lady will enjoy the tofu. 

billy rubin

you live in florida.

you.have personal experience with all this stuff

my county is 98 percent scotch irish gringo, i percent african american, and the last one percent is asian, amerindian, pacific islander, european, and martian

Icarus

I have, or had, relatives who lived in the backwoods towns of Georgia. I learned some of their                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         vocabulary. 

Florida has its rural folk as well. In general they are not quite as folksy as Georgia, Alabama, Mississipi, rural denizens.  Our downhome types do invite guests to return again for a visit, with the standard expression; "Yall come". The word Yall is pronounced the same way that certain sailboats with two masts are described....Yawl.

Some of those language characteristics rubbed off on me I suspect.I am familiar with some of the colloquialisms, so I could probably survive a late Saturday night visit to a "jook joint" where city slickers are not welcome. 

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on August 13, 2023, 12:48:39 AMI have, or had, relatives who lived in the backwoods towns of Georgia. I learned some of their                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         vocabulary. 

Florida has its rural folk as well. In general they are not quite as folksy as Georgia, Alabama, Mississipi, rural denizens.  Our downhome types do invite guests to return again for a visit, with the standard expression; "Yall come". The word Yall is pronounced the same way that certain sailboats with two masts are described....Yawl.

Some of those language characteristics rubbed off on me I suspect.I am familiar with some of the colloquialisms, so I could probably survive a late Saturday night visit to a "jook joint" where city slickers are not welcome.

I see all your posts about Florida, and have to admit to a bit of confusion, since your sig says, "Indianopolis, Indiana".

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 13, 2023, 01:47:00 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 13, 2023, 12:48:39 AMI have, or had, relatives who lived in the backwoods towns of Georgia. I learned some of their                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         vocabulary. 

I see all your posts about Florida, and have to admit to a bit of confusion, since your sig says, "Indianopolis, Indiana". :???:

billy rubin

i never noticed that.

have we all been betrayed? or just shown to be idiots?