News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Workshop and fixit stuff

Started by Dave, July 10, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

all i can tell is that its a tractor.

what is it?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

Massey Ferguson 1100.  Old as dirt.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

The home alone thing has caused me to mess around in my garage workshop.  At the risk of losing some of my fingers I have made a compass rose.  I really needed that like I needed a paper ass but it was better than going stir crazy.

[Img] P1020815.jpg[img]

As a geritric dummy I have never tried to post a picture or image on this forum. The instructions on the "how to section" are clear enough.  If this does not work I will try again with a different method.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on May 08, 2020, 06:05:56 AM
The home alone thing has caused me to mess around in my garage workshop.  At the risk of losing some of my fingers I have made a compass rose.  I really needed that like I needed a paper ass but it was better than going stir crazy.

[Img] P1020815.jpg[img]

As a geritric dummy I have never tried to post a picture or image on this forum. The instructions on the "how to section" are clear enough.  If this does not work I will try again with a different method.

I would like to see it. The free Imgur service works well for me, so you could try it.

https://imgur.com

You just have to sign up to get  a password.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

OK I will try again..................but I ain't giving up if it fails.

Maybe four or five more tries and I will figure it out.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on May 08, 2020, 06:38:29 AM
OK I will try again..................but I ain't giving up if it fails.

Maybe four or five more tries and I will figure it out.

Is this a golden star?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Icarus, to post an image you need to add a / to the last [/img], like this:

[img][/img]

Alternatively, you can click on the Image button, which is this one:

That button is a shortcut to the code so you don't have to type it. Much faster and easier.  ;D Just paste the url of the image in and you're all set!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Thank you for your patience and help.

The new format has found me even less capable.  For example: I can reply only in the quick reply box.  The screen that xSP shows, above, is not accessible to me (unless I get some more instruction). There are no buttons to select with the quick reply box. Duh!

Tank somehow found the picture I was trying to post.  The thing that I built is merely an assortment of wood pieces, Red cedar and white pine. Scraps from my wood pile.  The Trigonometry was fun to tinker with.

The other ongoing project in my workshop is a one meter long radio controlled boat.  It is a model of a racing dinghy.  I have been on a yearlong joint design experiment with  Justinas Rubinovas, my young friend in Lithuania.  I do have considerable experience with naval architecture concepts and have designed and built many boats over the years.  The model is to determine how much sail power we need to apply to cause the boat to plane.  That is a whole other ballgame.  I will try to post some pictures of that project.............if I ever learn to do it correctly.

Once again. Thank you for all the kind help.

Tank

A little practice project on keeping things square. A dice.

Cutting the core pieces

The core pieces

Inserting the gap filler

Assembled core 31mm on a side

Face plates 5mm ply with 6mm dowel inserts

Assembling face plates to the core

Assembling face plates to the core

Assembled before finishing

Assembled before finishing

Assembled after finishing

All glued.
Good practice :)

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on May 28, 2020, 07:16:23 PM

All glued.
Good practice :)

Wow!  :clapping:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Cool! Make another and do some gambling with them at home.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 28, 2020, 08:34:19 PM
Cool! Make another and do some gambling with them at home.

The next one will be better :)

Recusant

Neat exercise, and it looks like you achieved your aim. :smilenod:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 28, 2020, 10:25:34 PM
Neat exercise, and it looks like you achieved your aim. :smilenod:

Yes it did. Learning all the time. :)

Next is mitre joints on all the edges!