News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Tech help

Started by Dave, January 27, 2017, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

There often something goes awry that another, expert or otherwise, has met or knows about.

So, here it is, somewhere to ask those questions about all things technological or operative.

Or maybe post a fix for something you have cured yourself.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Firebird

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Yeah, yeah - and "Read the manual"

:grin:

OldGit

Give it a damn good kick.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

I finally got back to the task of removing the "This site may be hacked" warning from Google search results for the www.happyatheistforum.com/ page. The forum itself does not have a warning and is just fine, and in fact the actual page above is perfectly safe as well. Members of this site as well as visitors can continue to come here safely.

However, there is something going on (apparently there is a bot creating pages using the site name), and we'll see how long it takes to fix it.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 29, 2017, 01:06:35 PM
Those pesky bots... ::)
I might use a somewhat stronger adjective for those who design those bots! Pity they can't use their evident skills for good purposes.

>:(

Recusant

Quote from: Recusant on January 29, 2017, 08:26:20 AMHowever, there is something going on (apparently there is a bot creating pages using the site name), and we'll see how long it takes to fix it.

The Grey Eminence Himself has got involved with this, and so at some point there is likely to be some downtime(s) for the forum as he expells the parasite(s). There will be a warning when that is in the works. Praise be to Asmo!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on January 29, 2017, 07:19:32 PM
Quote from: Recusant on January 29, 2017, 08:26:20 AMHowever, there is something going on (apparently there is a bot creating pages using the site name), and we'll see how long it takes to fix it.

The Grey Eminence Himself has got involved with this, and so at some point there is likely to be some downtime(s) for the forum as he expells the parasite(s). There will be a warning when that is in the works. Praise be to Asmo!

Praise be to the Gray One! :notworthy:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Well, looks like some photo sharing sites have a block on me! :(

Have been using the Photobucket Android app for a long time now. Fairly intuitive and it gave a link that showed the picture in the post. Then it all changed . . .
Suddenly my user name and password, saved in my Google account, are not recognised. Manual start up fsiled. Attempt to open a new account failed, even using different email, user name and password, "Sign in failed".

Got close once but, though there was no Captcha code offered, just an "I am not a robot" tick box, I still got it wrong somehow!

Tried Tinypic, despite it being crap, keep getting "Wrong code" message to every attempt.

Anyone else load up from Androud? If so which app do you use?

Oh, I tried Imgur, found it as intuitive as quantum mechanics! Might try that again though, getting desperate!

One for the forum techies - I seem to remember a page where we could set various things, like I set "Youtube" to only display the link only, not the start screen. Could this have any bearing and where is that page anyway?

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 17, 2017, 07:16:13 AM
Well, looks like some photo sharing sites have a block on me! :(

Have been using the Photobucket Android app for a long time now. Fairly intuitive and it gave a link that showed the picture in the post. Then it all changed . . .
Suddenly my user name and password, saved in my Google account, are not recognised. Manual start up fsiled. Attempt to open a new account failed, even using different email, user name and password, "Sign in failed".

Got close once but, though there was no Captcha code offered, just an "I am not a robot" tick box, I still got it wrong somehow!

Tried Tinypic, despite it being crap, keep getting "Wrong code" message to every attempt.

Anyone else load up from Androud? If so which app do you use?

Oh, I tried Imgur, found it as intuitive as quantum mechanics! Might try that again though, getting desperate!

One for the forum techies - I seem to remember a page where we could set various things, like I set "Youtube" to only display the link only, not the start screen. Could this have any bearing and where is that page anyway?

I use imgur and Google Photos. Imgur for when I want a file link and Google Photos for when I take my own photos.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱