News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

billy rubin

they were always sort of nihilistic, icarus

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on August 23, 2021, 10:36:19 PM
they were always sort of nihilistic, icarus

Nihilistic? I thought they were in the tradition of middle class sons questioning why they shouldn't just be doing what they want (not without reasonable restraint), and thinking the life style/choices of their elders isn't what they want to do.

Nihilism light?

Extra light? I don't know.

Quote from: Icarus on August 23, 2021, 06:55:36 AM
^ :worried:

That was an 1980s Reagan era song Icarus, there is no need to feel feared, everything turned out great.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Bad Penny II

So far due to Covid I've had a Neil Young and a separate, in no way associated Paul Kelly concert cancelled.

Bad Penny II

Anne D.

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 24, 2021, 02:08:10 PM
So far due to Covid I've had a Neil Young and a separate, in no way associated Paul Kelly concert cancelled.

Oh that sucks. The Covid times just suck.

This song is one of my favorites:

billy rubin

Recusant

"Wild, savage, and exciting."  :lol:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on August 30, 2021, 03:56:33 AM
"Wild, savage, and exciting."  :lol:

And here it is filtered though Bernstein's ears.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

If I'm not the next to die I might post this in the eulogies
If you are next I'll post it
Thanks friend.

Bad Penny II

billy rubin