Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Drich, April 02, 2020, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich

Quote from: Tank on April 03, 2020, 06:28:20 AM
Quote from: Drich on April 02, 2020, 08:32:24 PM
Quote from: No one on April 02, 2020, 08:27:26 PM
Understood. I've seen its nonsense on several other atheist forums.

what you've seen is the product of your own involvement.

if you are open honest and want to have a sincere discussion when have I EVER been nothing but accommodating and respectful?? if however you want to call me names and not be a happy atheist, then why should i respond to you in a respectful way? Truthfully how can i respond at all most of the time if all you offer are one line insults??

How can a delusional theist ever be sincere?

look at her last 4 posts. tell me how many lines they consist of and tell me if any of them are not personal attacks against me.

billy rubin

holy bible often refers to the protestant bible. but i get what you are saying, as there are several different codeacees that are used/compiled to create different translations. I generally work with any of those which are used to compile that bible. I have and can borrow from the vulgate from time to time (maccabees) to fill in history but that's about it.

The reason I went with the protestant bible was i found it to be a map, or set of instructions to find God. I used it as such and found God.

thats interezting.

what about the other historical books? im thinki g of tobit, ruth, and tbe additionz to ezther and daniel. and others

what do you use to decide which is relevant history?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: Drich on April 03, 2020, 03:50:17 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 03, 2020, 06:28:20 AM
Quote from: Drich on April 02, 2020, 08:32:24 PM
Quote from: No one on April 02, 2020, 08:27:26 PM
Understood. I've seen its nonsense on several other atheist forums.

what you've seen is the product of your own involvement.

if you are open honest and want to have a sincere discussion when have I EVER been nothing but accommodating and respectful?? if however you want to call me names and not be a happy atheist, then why should i respond to you in a respectful way? Truthfully how can i respond at all most of the time if all you offer are one line insults??

look at her last 4 posts. tell me how many lines they consist of and tell me if any of them are not personal attacks against me.

I asked you a question.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.