Happy Atheist Forum

Religious comedy memes etc.

Papasito Bruno

• Deranged Psychopathic Twinkle Toes
  • Save water. Shower together!
Re: Religious comedy memes etc.
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2021, 07:02:30 PM »
Pumkin Spice is getting into everything...even the body of Jesus!! (My Lawd and Savior)

...inhabitants are, as the man once said, 'whores, pimps, gamblers, and sons of bitches,' by which he meant everybody. Had the man looked through another peephole he might have said, 'saints and angels and martyrs and holy men,' and he would have meant the same thing. John Steinbeck

Icarus

• The wise one.
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2021, 11:40:13 PM »
Broadman, the church supplier, could sell a lot more wafers if they were laced with cannabis.

In fact I suspect that the church across the street from my house is doing something like that.  That outfit is a Hillsong church that is both Pentecostal, purveyor of prosperity gospel, and crazy for rock style music. It must be working for them because the congregation is huge.

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what LætusAtheos means
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2021, 12:22:50 AM »
how do you know they are prosperity gospel?

Born without a brain, doctors look inside six years later and are amazed at what they find!

Icarus

• The wise one.
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2021, 04:03:49 AM »
^ Because they say that they believe prosperity gospel to be true and certain.   

billy rubin

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2021, 10:44:23 PM »
are they that loud?

Born without a brain, doctors look inside six years later and are amazed at what they find!

Icarus

• The wise one.
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2021, 01:29:35 AM »
^ Yes.

billy rubin

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2021, 03:28:02 PM »
i am ever so happy i live in nowhere, usa.

nobody bothers me because there is nobody

Icarus

• The wise one.
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2021, 03:38:00 AM »
There are certainly some good arguments for living in Nowheresville Billy.  My city is a case in point.  70 years ago it was the the most lovely village on the plains. It was the friendliest city that could be found anywhere.  There were about 35 000 citizens then.  We liked each other. Since then, the Chamber of Commerce has insisted that we must have progress.  We we now have 140,000 population in my beautiful little town and another 140k in the burbs.. Fuck the Chamber of Commerce and all its members who Place what they claim is "progress" as preference to keeping a responsible and caring world. 

Tank

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2021, 08:33:10 AM »
There are certainly some good arguments for living in Nowheresville Billy.  My city is a case in point.  70 years ago it was the the most lovely village on the plains. It was the friendliest city that could be found anywhere.  There were about 35 000 citizens then.  We liked each other. Since then, the Chamber of Commerce has insisted that we must have progress.  We we now have 140,000 population in my beautiful little town and another 140k in the burbs.. Fuck the Chamber of Commerce and all its members who Place what they claim is "progress" as preference to keeping a responsible and caring world.

Very sad.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2021, 01:49:44 PM »
where i live there is still a one room schoolhouse at the foot of my property. last classes in 1915.

used to be a blacksmith and a water mill too. traces of the millrace are still there. they called the town lampville, but it was never any bigger than that.

two miles north is another schoolhouse for the town of zebra. they closed the postoffice in 1898?

my neighbor parks his pickup in it.

not much goes on. my road has been unpaved for abiut 200 years, i think.

very quiet, except for the last five years when the ventilator went in for the coal mine two miles away. but its not on all the time. the town where my mail goes is 5 miles away and has about 350 people.