Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Why We're The Only Humans On Earth

Started by Randy, September 27, 2020, 11:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on October 02, 2020, 03:05:24 AM
Quote from: No one on October 01, 2020, 09:45:31 PM

I'd pay money to see a softball bat jammed into that maw.

I'd say modern humans have a few barely upright apes among them.

:oooh-me!:

May I add another one?

Yes?

OK.

No one

Funny thing about white supremacists, they burn in the sun. That doesn't seem to supreme, does it?

Dark Lightning

Quote from: No one on October 02, 2020, 03:40:37 AM
Funny thing about white supremacists, they burn in the sun. That doesn't seem to supreme, does it?

:lol: My middle son was pasty "incandescent" white as a baby, and tans not at all. He went to San Jose State University and stayed in the International House (wrote an essay about why he wanted to be there, which was required), and he met and befriended people from all over the world. He has red hair and likes to shave his head, and has a long beard. I wish he wouldn't shave his head, because here in California that is an indication of redneckism. He has friends of every shade, as do we, and he met them while growing up. Just pointing up a possible exception, is all. :smilenod:

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 02, 2020, 04:41:21 AM

:lol: My middle son was pasty "incandescent" white as a baby, and tans not at all. He went to San Jose State University and stayed in the International House (wrote an essay about why he wanted to be there, which was required), and he met and befriended people from all over the world. He has red hair and likes to shave his head, and has a long beard. I wish he wouldn't shave his head, because here in California that is an indication of redneckism. He has friends of every shade, as do we, and he met them while growing up. Just pointing up a possible exception, is all. :smilenod:

I don't think he should be judged based on his: pasty "incandescent" white as a baby, and tans not at all -skin color. Or his red hair. Or his shave head. Or his long beard. Or a light indication of redneckism...It's the content of his character that speaks volumes. And if he has met and befriended people from all over the world, and he has friends of every shade, in my opinion, that's a step in the right direction.

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on October 02, 2020, 10:03:59 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 02, 2020, 04:41:21 AM

I don't think he should be judged based on his: pasty "incandescent" white as a baby, and tans not at all -skin color. Or his red hair. Or his shave head. Or his long beard. Or a light indication of redneckism...It's the content of his character that speaks volumes. And if he has met and befriended people from all over the world, and he has friends of every shade, in my opinion, that's a step in the right direction.

:grin:

Yeah, he grew up meeting lots of different people, and the wife and I made certain that all three son's exposure to racism was cast in a negative light. One of my wife's friends lives in Hesperia says he should get tattoos like some of the people she sees out there. That kind of attitude is what prompted me to write this in the first place.

Icarus

We are the only humans on earth who are responsible for our own misery.  Here is a short article about ways in which we diminish our resources as well as our attention to logic.   Short, easy read.

http://nautil.us/issue/90/something-green/the-human-error-darwin-inspired?utm_source=pocket-newtab