News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Man-rated launches generally run 3G max. That 9G acceleration is for electronic equipment type launches.

billy rubin

3G would make my butt lose its pucker, if you will pardonthe expression

i was surprised it came back down soclose. essentially straight up and straight down.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

The controls used these days are many orders of magnitude faster and more powerful than what was used when we were kids. In the space biz previously, processers were miniscule, and tortuously flogged to achieve mission goals. They had to be rigorously tested for radiation hardness and resistance against single-event upsets which could simply sabotage the mission, from just a single cosmic ray. Check it out on wiki. It's just crazy how stringent the requirements were...and still are.

Also, if you were to put accelerometers on your truck, you'd find that hard roads are delivering above 3G loads to your anal sphincter, already. Long haul trucking (and motorcycle riding, btw) is a good way to get a bad set of hemorrhoids. I got mine from lifting stupid big weights like engine short blocks (~325 pounds) unassisted into the bed of a truck from the ground, and installing transmissions (~180 pounds, on my back, again, alone) without the benefit of a jack. I was one intense, independent cuss, in those days.

billy rubin

so 3Gs is really possible under ordinary life? that would make me the eqivalent of 600 pounds momentarily. pardon me again, but why dont i shit myself?

well i mean more frequently than i do now, i guess

is it just because of the brief nature of the accelleration?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on October 13, 2021, 06:53:00 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 13, 2021, 06:48:50 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 13, 2021, 05:56:00 PM
I sometimes wish I could be more like my Grandfather. I mean he was in his 90's, and still didn't need glasses...he just drank straight out of the bottle.

That's my kind of Grandpa!!

Are you that sort of Grandpa?

Sometimes (he said, sheepishly.)

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on October 13, 2021, 11:36:04 PM
how many Gs does it take to this? its about 9 to reac orbit, but i asdume this was just a high altitude ballistic tbing.

where did he come down?

It is my understanding that he went up and came down in far west Texas, near Van Horn, on Bezos' family ranch.

Tank

My son and daughter in law have just got a dog. It's a Golden Doodle and should eventually weight about 20lb. It is called Panko and is 8 weeks old in this picture.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

OMG,...how cute is dat pupply!  :dance:

I love Doodles,...always wanted to get a GorillaDoodle!!

:jumps:

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

Adorable! The puppy is cute, too!

Ecurb Noselrub

Very cute puppy!

It is a perfect day here in central Texas. 70 degrees, clear skies, not much wind.  First fall day we have had.  Every now and then in October or April we have these days - I will enjoy while I can.

Tank

Been out litter pick in the local area. An 'action' shot!

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

Nice!! Good job on keeping things clean and green.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 17, 2021, 04:25:04 PM
Nice!! Good job on keeping things clean and green.

Yes. And exercise too.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 17, 2021, 02:20:56 PM
Been out litter pick in the local area. An 'action' shot!

So did you get into some kind of trouble Tank, and the judge sentenced you to community service, or did you volunteer for this?

(I believe you volunteered of course, cuz' your a good man, and care about the planet, but Mags is saying you probably got into trouble :P)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

He would have orange stripes if he were in trouble.  Unless green is the new orange.