News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I lost today, but it doesn't mean I have to like it...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

so when you go out of bounds you have to restart in the same posi tion as  where uou were?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on October 07, 2021, 01:34:23 AM
so when you go out of bounds you have to restart in the same posi tion as  where uou were?

Yes, you restart where you were.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Quote from: jumbojak on October 06, 2021, 10:38:09 PM
I lost today, but it doesn't mean I have to like it...

Never mind, I'm betting on you taking that guy out in the jelly round.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Did anyone see the Fury-Wilder fight?  I just saw the highlights, but man, I would hate to be hit by either one of those guys. That was a slugfest for the ages.

Tank

I'm with you there. I'll watch from the safe side of the ropes!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

I'm worried about Shatner going into space, so often when he does the Earth is threatened with destruction.  What form will it take this time? 

You ask valid questions, I'm concerned for the expendable passengers on his flight, I haven't seen any character development, are they as concerned for their safety as they should be?

Ye, I wonder who/what he is he going to try to have sex with.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

and the fistfight.

no matter how sophisticated the problem, captain kirk must have a fist fight before the last commercials

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

He is just going where many men and women have gone before. He has been demoted from the captain of the Enterprise, more powerful than the entire armed forces of current civilization, to a passenger on an 11 minute flight. The only thing more demeaning would be if he shits himself.

Tank

He did not shit himself apparently.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

Well, good for him.  It is actually pretty impressive for a 90 year-old.  He had to be able to climb 7 flights of stairs in 90 seconds.  That is actually pretty good.

Biggus Dickus

I sometimes wish I could be more like my Grandfather. I mean he was in his 90's, and still didn't need glasses...he just drank straight out of the bottle.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 13, 2021, 05:56:00 PM
I sometimes wish I could be more like my Grandfather. I mean he was in his 90's, and still didn't need glasses...he just drank straight out of the bottle.

That's my kind of Grandpa!!

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 13, 2021, 06:48:50 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 13, 2021, 05:56:00 PM

That's my kind of Grandpa!!

Are you that sort of Grandpa?

billy rubin

how many Gs does it take to this? its about 9 to reac orbit, but i asdume this was just a high altitude ballistic tbing.

where did he come down?