News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

I meant the other shithole, the one he talks  out of.

Biggus Dickus

Back when I was in High School I was quite active in our drama club, and had various parts in our school plays...so imagine how happy I was to hear that my nephew had gotten a part in his school play this year!

Nephew: Tio Bruno I got a part in our school play!
Me: That's awesome Tavito! I'm very proud of you, and I hope I can see the performance. What part did you get?
Nephew: They are going to live stream it, so I'll send you a link, and thanks!!
Nephew: I got the part of a man who has been married for 25 years.
Me: Very cool, maybe next time you'll get a speaking part!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on September 13, 2021, 03:19:43 PM
Back when I was in High School I was quite active in our drama club, and had various parts in our school plays...so imagine how happy I was to hear that my nephew had gotten a part in his school play this year!

Nephew: Tio Bruno I got a part in our school play!
Me: That's awesome Tavito! I'm very proud of you, and I hope I can see the performance. What part did you get?
Nephew: They are going to live stream it, so I'll send you a link, and thanks!!
Nephew: I got the part of a man who has been married for 25 years.
Me: Very cool, maybe next time you'll get a speaking part!

;D  This should go in the jokes thread.

Tom62

My favourite aunt died last week. I can't attend the funeral today, due to Covid restrictions  :'(. Luckily I can watch the funeral ceremony online.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on September 17, 2021, 05:21:09 AM
My favourite aunt died last week. I can't attend the funeral today, due to Covid restrictions  :'(. Luckily I can watch the funeral ceremony online.
I'm sorry for your loss, Tom62.
:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

The passing of a loved one is devastating.
It lays a dark and heavy cloud across the heart.
My sincerest sympathies.

Dark Lightning

Sorry to see this, Tom. It's got to be some sort of distressing, on top of the loss, that you can't even be there in person.

Bad Penny II

Commiserations

Our parent's generation falls away and we become the old.
I hear young voices on the radio, but the owners aren't young.
The young have a different sound now.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tom62

Thanks!

The ceremony just ended 5 minutes ago. It was very touching with beautiful speeches and without religion.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Anne D.

So sorry about your aunt, Tom.

Magdalena

Did anybody see this tonight?
Jupiter, the moon, and Saturn...Wow!  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on September 17, 2021, 05:21:09 AM

That's a shame.

'Zoom' funerals are odd.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.