News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Interview the person below you.

Started by Tank, March 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "Tank"Q. If you could go back in time what event would you like to witness?

I would go to the Jesus' cruxifiction (and I would know that I would regret choosing that and the opportunity to time travel would be basically thrown away) but I want to see first hand if there really was a Jesus if and he did what the bible said he did, or see what all the hype was about.

Question: If you could bring back one person from the dead, who would it be?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Melmoth

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"Question: If you could bring back one person from the dead, who would it be?

Since you didn't specify that they had to be dead already - myself!

Q. running with the morbid theme: who is your current favourite dead writer?
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Tom62

Quote from: "Melmoth"Q. running with the morbid theme: who is your current favourite dead writer?
Roger Zelazny

Q. Along the same line. Who is your current favourite dead actor?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "Tom62"Q. Along the same line. Who is your current favourite dead actor?

I wouldn't call him a favourite, but Heath Ledger sticks in my mind for some reason. After watching Batman (released after he had already died) he made an impression on me.

Question: What would you identify as man's most important invention? One that made more things possible than any other?

TheWilliam

A.  Fitness

Q.  What actor with a career longer than a decade do you find overrated.

februarystars

Quote from: "TheWilliam"Q.  What actor with a career longer than a decade do you find overrated.

Jake Gyllenhaal

What are you looking forward to most in the next year?
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "februarystars"What are you looking forward to most in the next year?

Pleasant surprises.

Question: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Tom62

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"Question: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean, an African or European Swallow?  The average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.
Source: http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

Q. Which painting do you like most?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

februarystars

Quote from: "Tom62"Q. Which painting do you like most?

David Hockney, A Bigger Splash

What food, if placed in front of you, would be entirely impossible to resist?
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

Tank

Quote from: "februarystars"What food, if placed in front of you, would be entirely impossible to resist?

After a long think, chilled Butterscotch Angel Delight with double cream on top.  :drool

Q. You haven't eaten in days, you are starving hungry, what 'normal' food could I put in front of you that however hungry you are you could not eat it?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "Tank"Q. You haven't eaten in days, you are starving hungry, what 'normal' food could I put in front of you that however hungry you are you could not eat it?

Anything with pepper in it.

Question: When was the last time you had an epiphany?

fester30

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"
Quote from: "Tank"Q. You haven't eaten in days, you are starving hungry, what 'normal' food could I put in front of you that however hungry you are you could not eat it?

Anything with pepper in it.

Question: When was the last time you had an epiphany?

That's sort of a personal question.  I don't get my first epiphany until I turn 40.  Since I'm 33, I have plenty of time to find a doctor with small fingers before that happens.  

Let's say you developed a space-ray that could completely eradicate religion, but doing so would mean 1 million people would die instantly... would you?

Tank

Quote from: "fester30"Let's say you developed a space-ray that could completely eradicate religion, but doing so would mean 1 million people would die instantly... would you?
No. Killing just one person for their beliefs or lack of them would be one too many. Unfortunately not everybody holds that opinion.

Q. If you could eradicate religion and do no physical harm to anybody, would you do it?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

fester30

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "fester30"Let's say you developed a space-ray that could completely eradicate religion, but doing so would mean 1 million people would die instantly... would you?
No. Killing just one person for their beliefs or lack of them would be one too many. Unfortunately not everybody holds that opinion.

Q. If you could eradicate religion and do no physical harm to anybody, would you do it?

Not sure.  Even if the space-ray itself doesn't cause the million deaths, it's entirely possible that a world suddenly without religion would result in massive violence and civil wars just from mass confusion.

So again... what if scientists estimate that use of your space-ray would result in approximately 1 million deaths from unintended consequences?  Would you use it?

Asmodean

Quote from: "fester30"So again... what if scientists estimate that use of your space-ray would result in approximately 1 million deaths from unintended consequences?  Would you use it?
Of course, I would!  :D

Q: If you could either have fame and be broke or be a rich nobody, what would you choose?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.