News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Interview the person below you.

Started by Tank, March 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Shamelessly pinched this idea from another forum I frequent. It works like this. I will ask a question at the end of this post, anybody can answer it. When they have answered it they can roll it over ie repeat the same question, or create their own question. The questions can be deep or trivial to ones choice.

Q. Which school teacher would you go back to and thank if you could and why?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ulver

A. Ms. McFarlen, my high school AP Psychology teacher. She was really the first outspoken liberal I had ever known, and sort of unlocked my mind to new ideas.

Q. What did you/will you have for dinner tonight?

Cecilie

A. I just had some tomato soup. I'm too lazy to make anything proper.

Q. What is your favorite book?
The world's what you create.

Tank

I have just cooked 'Red Rice'. Onions and Mushrooms fried in olive oil, cooked chicken, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, chicken stock, basil, thyme, oregano and black pepper simmered for 30 minutes then rice added to soak up the liquid. Yum Yum  :)

Q. What did you/will you have for dinner tonight?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Twentythree

hopefully Mexican food at Ponces in Kensington.

Q: What is your most influential memory?

hismikeness

Quote from: "Twentythree"Q: What is your most influential memory?

My most influential memory was my dad telling me a story about how he was being mocked by a kid in high school and he warned him several times to stop, but the kid didn't, and finally when my dad's very long fuse burned up he punched the kid while they were doing a workout for football, and the kid rolled all the way down a hill. Because of that story, I have contained myself in many a situation where I wanted to unleash on someone, but didn't out of fear of the damage that I could inflict.

What do you believe to be your most original or profound thought?
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tank

Quote from: "hismikeness"
Quote from: "Twentythree"Q: What is your most influential memory?

My most influential memory was my dad telling me a story about how he was being mocked by a kid in high school and he warned him several times to stop, but the kid didn't, and finally when my dad's very long fuse burned up he punched the kid while they were doing a workout for football, and the kid rolled all the way down a hill. Because of that story, I have contained myself in many a situation where I wanted to unleash on someone, but didn't out of fear of the damage that I could inflict.

What do you believe to be your most original or profound thought?
Fuck! What happened to easy stuff like 'What's for dinner'!  :P

Q. Which is your favourite day of the week and why?

februarystars

Quote from: "Tank"Q. Which is your favourite day of the week and why?

Sunday! It is the only day of the week that I don't have work or school.
But Thursday is also pretty damn cool because it's named after Thor, and he's my favorite mythological dude.

What is your favorite book?
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

Cecilie

I haven't really read that many books, but from what I've read I'd say my favorite book is "Misery" by Stephen King.

Q. What is your favorite album and why?

Tom62

Quote from: "februarystars"What is your favorite book?
Alice in Wonderland
What is your favourite colour?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Cecilie

Tank

Quote from: "Cecilie"My question was skipped. :hmm:  Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. It just fits together so perfectly, it's not like music but a visit to a different place where sound, not vision, rules. Should be listened to in the dark on GOOD headphones for best effect IMO.

My favourite colour if #ff0000  :P

Q. Your favourite pet was/is?

Cecilie

My current dog, Hamlet.

Q. What website(s) do you visit everyday?

Tank

Q. What website(s) do you visit everyday?

Here and Rational Skeptisism are my mainstays. Talk Photography is another forum I frequent and when I'm feeling masochistic Theologyweb.  :sigh:
BBC News is my home page and I browse Science Daily and post things from there that I think will interest people here. I also spend some time on YouTube watching music videos.

Q. Do you have a Facebook page and if so why?

Cecilie

No.

Q. What is your main hobby/interest?