News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

10 Things About Yourself

Started by Cecilie, May 16, 2010, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i_am_i

1. If it wasn't for jazz my life would have absolutely no meaning.
2. For the first four of five years of my musical career I hung around with mobsters and hookers. Those were the days!
3. I'm a high school drop-out.
4. I'm a lousy drummer. Anyway I think I am.
5. I've written well over a thousand jazz tunes in my life, some of which are highly regarded by those in the jazz community.
6. I was once a singer/songwriter in a touring punk rock band that had its music played all over college radio.
7. I'm rarely without a cigarette, damn it. And I most likely drink too much.
8. I've been married for twenty years.
9. My entire life has been a complete mess of one kind or another.
10. I wouldn't change anything.
Call me J

Sapere aude

curiosityandthecat

1. I really, really like salads.
2. My Ph.D should be done in two years.
3. I try to learn difficult things so people will ask me for help.
4. I have five tattoos, but if you count the way the military does, I have over 30.
5. I cry like a baby at What Dreams May Come.
6. I got married on the anniversary of my father's funeral and didn't even realize it.
7. Americans often annoy me.
8. I do about as much real work as the guy in Office Space.
9. Nobody ever calls me to hang out.
10. I think I did too much acid in the 90s.
-Curio

karadan

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"9. Nobody ever calls me to hang out.

Want to hang out sometime? :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "karadan"Want to hang out sometime? :D
-Curio

karadan

More than welcome :)

There are lots of amazing pubs in Cambridge.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SSY

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"

Visit England instead, much nicer.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Tank

Quote from: "SSY"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"

Visit England instead, much nicer.
Scotland has some things to recommend it, Haggis for one, I prefer the leg to the breast.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Tank"Scotland has some things to recommend it, Haggis for one, I prefer the leg to the breast.
I'm an ass man, myself.

Er, wait...

-Curio

Tank

Ah! But do you like the uphill breast, sweet and tender, or the downhill breast larger and with a gamier flavour?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sophus

Quote from: "Will"1) I have so many allergies, I actually started a blog about how I've learned to live with them. Unfortunately, no one visited it.

Really? Because I'm allergic to everything under the sun. Had I known this I would have visited!
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Tank

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Will"1) I have so many allergies, I actually started a blog about how I've learned to live with them. Unfortunately, no one visited it.

Really? Because I'm allergic to everything under the sun. Had I known this I would have visited!
Unless you happen to be allergic to blogs  :D

EssejSllim

1. I have never attended a party, and enjoyed it.
2. I start writing stories all the time, but never get beyond a couple of pages
3. I'm 15 and I don't have a facebook page (or a myspace page)
4. I have never been in a relationship (and am quite happy about that)
5. I have only been an atheist for two years
6. I am an American communist
7. I have contemplated suicide
8. I don't understand why people enjoy watching sporting events at the stadium when they could watch them at home.
9. I'm scared that if I live alone, there will be a fire at night and the smoke alarm will not wake me up.
10. I see murder as perfectly moral in many cases.
"How terrible [the theory of evolution] will be upon the nobility of the old world. Think of their being forced to trace their ancestry back tot he duke Orang Outang or the Princess Chimpanzee." -Robert Ingersoll

"What? Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tank

EssejSllim as you are 15 who is the chap in your avatar, I don't recognise him?

Cecilie

Quote from: "Tank"EssejSllim as you are 15 who is the chap in your avatar, I don't recognise him?
I don't either... Should I?
The world's what you create.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Cecilie"
Quote from: "Tank"EssejSllim as you are 15 who is the chap in your avatar, I don't recognise him?
I don't either... Should I?
:hide:   That's James Roday from Psych.
-Curio