News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Interview the person below you.

Started by Tank, March 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melmoth

Fiction - reading, writing, and watching it. I especially love the gothic stuff, hence the name, from Melmoth the Wanderer. I think it deals with basic human weakness in a more sympathetic way than any other genre.

If the theists got it right, and you could pick a side, whose would you be on and why? God or the other?
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Tank

Q. What is your main hobby/interest?

Well I really enjoy having my two little doggies, they get me out and about, which is ideal as photography is my other main pass time, hence the membership of talk photography. Now my kids have left home I have converted one of their rooms into a portrait studio, now I need to find some people willing to pose for me so I can practice!

Q. If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life what would it be?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

februarystars

Quote from: "Tank"Q. If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life what would it be?

When I was 5 years old and it was time for my mother to register me for public school, the school system told her that my aptitude test would have allowed me to skip kindergarten and go straight to the first grade. To this day, I still don't get a straight answer when I ask her why she went ahead and put me in kindergarten anyway. I wonder how my life would have turned out differently if she had put me in first grade. I would have grown up with completely different schoolteachers, and completely different groups of friends, probably giving me completely different interests, resulting in my current life being vastly different than it is. I don't have it too bad right now, but I wonder if I would have actually graduated college on time instead of changing my major three times, or maybe I wouldn't have even gone to college at all. I can't help but think things would have turned out better for me if she had allowed me to advance.

What is the first movie you remember watching at a movie theater?
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

Cecilie

Some Disney movie, but I can't remember which one.

Q. Do you have a special talent? In other words, can you do anything most people can't?
The world's what you create.

Melmoth

I can think critically.

Q. What is your favourite hilariously crap film?
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Cecilie

Blades Of Glory. I'm not sure I'd call it crap, but it's very stupid.

Q. What is/was your favorite subject in school?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "Cecilie"Q. What is/was your favorite subject in school?

It would depend on my mood and how captivating they were for whatever reason, I basically liked any and all subjects, when I understood them.

If you found a magic lamp and a genie in it that granted you three wishes, what would you wish for?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

fester30

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"
Quote from: "Cecilie"Q. What is/was your favorite subject in school?

It would depend on my mood and how captivating they were for whatever reason, I basically liked any and all subjects, when I understood them.

If you found a magic lamp and a genie in it that granted you three wishes, what would you wish for?

40 billion dollars, then the genie's freedom.  There's really nothing else I'd want that I couldn't get with 40 billion dollars.

If you could invent truly clean, renewable energy, that was enough for the whole world in one power plant, but doing so would cost 1 million lives, would you?

Tank

Quote from: "fester30"If you could invent truly clean, renewable energy, that was enough for the whole world in one power plant, but doing so would cost 1 million lives, would you?
Yes. Simply on a numbers basis. With infinite clean power I could construct a power grid over Africa bringing clean water, sanitation and irrigation (via desalination) to hundreds of millions of people. That would save far more than the million lives it would cost and over the future generations many many more lives. That was a good question.

Q. If you have cross dressed why did you do it?
 :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "fester30"If you could invent truly clean, renewable energy, that was enough for the whole world in one power plant, but doing so would cost 1 million lives, would you?
Yes. Simply on a numbers basis. With infinite clean power I could construct a power grid over Africa bringing clean water, sanitation and irrigation (via desalination) to hundreds of millions of people. That would save far more than the million lives it would cost and over the future generations many many more lives. That was a good question.

Q. If you have cross dressed why did you do it?
 :D

Yes I quite enjoyed it.  Some theme party I looked quite fetching, no fetching, not retching.  Some overly large buffoon became too familiar and I had to cause him some pain.  I enjoyed trying to convince woman men were bad and I cared and I understood, not seriously, well deniable seriousness anyway.

Q.  Music - the decade/11years that produced the best stuff, so pick a year and take 5 years either side.

Tom62

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Q.  Music - the decade/11years that produced the best stuff, so pick a year and take 5 years either side.

Q: When was the last time that you went to church?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Cecilie

Must've been my sister's wedding in February 2009.

Q. Do you swear a lot?

Tom62

Oh, Yes. But I do it in English, so it doesn't count  ;) .

Q: Which country or attraction would you like to see before you die?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hismikeness

Quote from: "Tom62"Q: Which country or attraction would you like to see before you die?

I really want to see a space shuttle launch in person, but I'm afraid I am running out of time.

Would you volunteer to be the among the first settlers of the moon/Mars? Why or why not?
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tank

Quote from: "hismikeness"Would you volunteer to be the among the first settlers of the moon/Mars? Why or why not?
Not now. I wouldn't want to take the place of somebody younger. But I wouldn't turn down a trip into space  :D

Q. If you could go back in time what event would you like to witness?