News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

HAF Age Distribution Census

Started by Recusant, July 21, 2016, 06:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 23, 2020, 06:14:38 PM
We're putting more rock down to cover our parkway. The neighbor came over and offered up about 4 wheelbarrows' worth of rocks and flagstone. I got two of them across the street, but I'm waiting for one of my sons to get home from work to move the rest. She wants them gone, and doesn't want any money. I'll do something nice, though. It's about $200 worth of rocks. I'm getting too old (68) for that sort of heavy lifting. I used to be able to do it all day long. I'm sitting here with a back brace on waiting for the naproxen to kick in so I can go get a shower.

no shit.

getting old is no joke and im only 64. i dislocated my knee in the summer falling down on my daughters little motorcycle, and now my knee bends in too many directions to trust.

lll calmly turn to walk in one direction but the lower leg doesnt follow the action. not happy with that.

i keep hoping for the tendonz to tighten up but they dont have the elazticity any more

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on November 24, 2020, 04:46:49 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 23, 2020, 06:14:38 PM
We're putting more rock down to cover our parkway. The neighbor came over and offered up about 4 wheelbarrows' worth of rocks and flagstone. I got two of them across the street, but I'm waiting for one of my sons to get home from work to move the rest. She wants them gone, and doesn't want any money. I'll do something nice, though. It's about $200 worth of rocks. I'm getting too old (68) for that sort of heavy lifting. I used to be able to do it all day long. I'm sitting here with a back brace on waiting for the naproxen to kick in so I can go get a shower.

no shit.

getting old is no joke and im only 64. i dislocated my knee in the summer falling down on my daughters little motorcycle, and now my knee bends in too many directions to trust.

lll calmly turn to walk in one direction but the lower leg doesnt follow the action. not happy with that.

i keep hoping for the tendonz to tighten up but they dont have the elazticity any more

Just be patient. Tendons take ages to recover.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

im too old to be patient

by the time i heal ill be dead

lol

Dark Lightning

Another thing is that I am getting poorer circulation in my legs. There is some freckling from stuff that doesn't make it back up my legs. The doctor told me to put my feet up during the day. I forgot to ask how often and what duration. I don't have the time to sit with my feet up, I have shit to do!

billy rubin

Dark Lightning

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 24, 2020, 04:45:13 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on November 24, 2020, 03:40:32 PM
wear pantyhose

:thoughtful:  no

Don't be such a wuss! I use hair spray to keep what little hair I have left in line. You'd wear flight socks and pantyhose just does the same job. Don't be a clot or you'll get a clot. :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Tank, I have it on good authority that those safety fishnet stockings you wear in your workshop are quite becoming.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 24, 2020, 05:29:16 PM
Tank, I have it on good authority that those safety fishnet stockings you wear in your workshop are quite becoming.

You can lick my stilettos if you like. 
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

cease thiz untoward levity

panyhose are well known tools to keep your leg circulation going. the arteries and gravity force the blood down there and the pantyhose comprezz the veins enough that their elazticity is restricted and normal  skeletal movement pumps blood back up rather than just inflating the vein.

if you all can be nice ill model some of my own for you.  i dont shave my legs tho

.aybe ill show my wardrobe of lace up victorian corsets in XXL

Tank

xSilverPhinx

Both my mother and sister have a rather serious case of varicose veins but refuse to wear a pantyhose despite the doctor's recommendation. ::) My sister has had that problem since she hit puberty and both have undergone a number of operations to improve blood circulation in their legs. Why not just wear the pantyhose? Is it really that uncomfortable?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Joe Namath wore pantyhose in cold games.  To my knowledge, he doesn't have varicose veins.  Can't argue with Broadway Joe.

Dark Lightning

:notsure: Maybe hose with garters?  Can't use my wife's, as they are a bit...larger. :worried: