News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

HAF Age Distribution Census

Started by Recusant, July 21, 2016, 06:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Am I still the youngest one here? lmao damn
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Buddy on July 28, 2018, 03:04:27 PM
Am I still the youngest one here? lmao damn

Ye well, Old Git died again but we re resurrected him again using bits we bought on the internet.
Best estimate is he's nineteen equivalent.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I was thinking; I started posting here back in 2010, when I was 24 years old. Eight years later I'm still here. So far I've been a member of HAF for a quarter of my life.

(Did I get that calculation right? :notsure:)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 28, 2018, 09:31:19 PM
I was thinking; I started posting here back in 2010, when I was 24 years old. Eight years later I'm still here. So far I've been a member of HAF for a quarter of my life.

(Did I get that calculation right? :notsure:)

Sounds like you're right on the dot!

I joined back when I was 23. The calculations I did was about a fifth of my life, but I'm not particularly good at math. And I'm too busy wondering where all of those years went...

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Icarus

^  Yes, you did get the arithmetic right.  Keep up the good work.   

Buddy

Let's see... I was almost 16 at the time I joined and I am 22 now and it is way to early in the morning for math.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on July 30, 2018, 01:58:24 PM
Let's see... I was almost 16 at the time I joined and I am 22 now and it is way to early in the morning for math.

27.2727272727...% of your life, Buddy!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Buddy

Quote from: Dave on July 30, 2018, 02:16:34 PM

Wow. Definitely doesn't feel like I have spent almost a third of my life on HAF. Time sure flies.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 30, 2018, 02:34:33 PM

Wow. Definitely doesn't feel like I have spent almost a third of my life on HAF. Time sure flies.

Well you have spent 100% of your adult life on HAF by UK terms (18) and US terms (21) !!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on July 30, 2018, 02:34:33 PM

Better think of it as, "Just over a quarter . . ." then you have almost 3/4 to go and not just over 2/3rds!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

By Daves numerical estimates you will live until 80 and two thirds years.   You may very well beat his estimates, so hang in there Buddy. Enjoy life as best you can and be thankful for your good fortune.

Lark

Where is the original census  so we can compare them ?  History should not have been removed, should it ? Maybe I have just failed to find the original ???

Tank

Quote from: Lark on August 02, 2018, 10:20:12 PM
Where is the original census  so we can compare them ?  History should not have been removed, should it ? Maybe I have just failed to find the original ???

My bad. I should have taken a screen shot before resetting the pole.  :-[

Lark

Why didn't you leave the old one alone and have a new one called Census 2018 ?.  Maybe some one would have rememberd the year of the 1st one and then you are creating an intereasting record.  I don't think  it is usual to just destroy a census.  Oh well, never mind, I suppose.

P.S.  How many members are there ?