News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

last night there was a bobcat out in hallway. they're pretty common, buut you don't see them often because they're usually good at staying out of sight. not this one. i went out there and it was pacing around at the top of the stairs, actingb oddly. it was small for a bobcat, not much larger than a s large cat, and didn't try to escape. just paced back and s forth.

rabid, i thought, and went to get a stick to shooo it out.

when i came back the bobcat had turned into a copperhead, which is smaller pit viper that lives around here. related to cottonmouths. th ebite is intenseley painful but not fatal, usually. still, not cool in the house. ii smacked it on the neck, causing some damage but not killing it. so i continued smacking it until my wife said

stop!

i answered, it's okay, i'm killing a snake.

no you're not, she said, you're hitting ME

so then i woke completely up and apologized

but the snake got away

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 05, 2021, 12:43:16 AM
last night there was a bobcat out in hallway. they're pretty common, buut you don't see them often because they're usually good at staying out of sight. not this one. i went out there and it was pacing around at the top of the stairs, actingb oddly. it was small for a bobcat, not much larger than a s large cat, and didn't try to escape. just paced back and s forth.

rabid, i thought, and went to get a stick to shooo it out.

when i came back the bobcat had turned into a copperhead, which is smaller pit viper that lives around here. related to cottonmouths. th ebite is intenseley painful but not fatal, usually. still, not cool in the house. ii smacked it on the neck, causing some damage but not killing it. so i continued smacking it until my wife said

stop!

i answered, it's okay, i'm killing a snake.

no you're not, she said, you're hitting ME

so then i woke completely up and apologized

but the snake got away

Those pesky dream snakes  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I dreamt I was responsible for an entire litter of GSD puppies. I left them with my brother in his apartment just before he left to travel for a couple of weeks so I would have to go there several times a day to feed them, make sure they had water, were clean and happy, etc. I did so the first morning, then went to the mall to kill time, but when I realised it was already night time and I had left more than 10 young puppies by themselves without food or water. I grew desperate but couldn't leave the mall for some reason. I walked and walked, looking for an exit but found none. Then I woke up. 

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 11, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
I dreamt I was responsible for an entire litter of GSD puppies. I left them with my brother in his apartment just before he left to travel for a couple of weeks so I would have to go there several times a day to feed them, make sure they had water, were clean and happy, etc. I did so the first morning, then went to the mall to kill time, but when I realised it was already night time and I had left more than 10 young puppies by themselves without food or water. I grew desperate but couldn't leave the mall for some reason. I walked and walked, looking for an exit but found none. Then I woke up.
I've been having a lot of dreams lately where I'm in some large place with lots of halls and doors but no exit.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on February 11, 2021, 05:18:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 11, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
I've been having a lot of dreams lately where I'm in some large place with lots of halls and doors but no exit.

Sounds scary. :spooked:

xSilverPhinx

I had a couple of nightmares last night which caused me to wake up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. Tense neck and shoulders.

First, I dreamt my entire family died of covid-related complications, including me. Well, I didn't die (what would death in a dream even look like?), but was sick and dying for what seemed to be the longest time. That sucked. I woke up sweaty at 2 a.m. and was unable to fall asleep quickly.

Next up, a weird dream in which I was trying to get a door to a starship open so me and some other guy I know could get in and leave this dying planet which was going to erupt very soon. In order to open the door, one had to insert a CD into a CD-ROM drive, much like one in old computers. I had the CD but it was broken and useless. Also, the CD was for a retro game, and not some necessary software to open a door.

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 21, 2021, 01:27:53 PM
I had a couple of nightmares last night which caused me to wake up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. Tense neck and shoulders.

First, I dreamt my entire family died of covid-related complications, including me. Well, I didn't die (what would death in a dream even look like?), but was sick and dying for what seemed to be the longest time. That sucked. I woke up sweaty at 2 a.m. and was unable to fall asleep quickly.

Next up, a weird dream in which I was trying to get a door to a starship open so me and some other guy I know could get in and leave this dying planet which was going to erupt very soon. In order to open the door, one had to insert a CD into a CD-ROM drive, much like one in old computers. I had the CD but it was broken and useless. Also, the CD was for a retro game, and not some necessary software to open a door.
Watch what you eat before bedtime. Those dreams are really out there!
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on February 21, 2021, 10:45:49 PM

I know right?  :???:

I didn't eat anything very different from what I usually eat for dinner -- a sandwich. But there was mayo last time. Maybe I was trippin' on the stuff.  :P

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 21, 2021, 11:43:27 PM

I didn't eat anything very different from what I usually eat for dinner -- a sandwich. But there was mayo last time. Maybe I was trippin' on the stuff.  :P
Maybe you discovered a new drug with mayonnaise, You could market it!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on February 22, 2021, 02:02:19 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 21, 2021, 11:43:27 PM

Maybe you discovered a new drug with mayonnaise, You could market it!

I...might. :grin:

billy rubin

dreamed the other night that i was wrestling with somebody over something. woke up sand discovered that my left hand was struggling with my right hand.

told em both to cut it out and went back to sleep

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 25, 2021, 09:33:25 PM
dreamed the other night that i was wrestling with somebody over something. woke up sand discovered that my left hand was struggling with my right hand.

told em both to cut it out and went back to sleep

Which one was the dominant hand?  ;D

billy rubin

my left hand was winning i think

it was more aggressive anyway. but i am right handed.

i do not know what to make of thiz.

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on February 26, 2021, 10:57:12 PM
my left hand was winning i think

it was more aggressive anyway. but i am right handed.

i do not know what to make of thiz.
Billy, I'm not sure anyone knows what to make of you. But we like you anyway. :)

xSilverPhinx

Last night's dream was just as odd as most, but also strangely beautiful.

I was on the border, stuck between two worlds divided by an imaginary line. On one side, a the maze of high sand dunes that seemed to stretch forever rose high. On the other, like the merging of two completely different biomes, sand dunes coexisted with rainforest trees and waterfalls.

I saw one dune that was different from the others, it was higher, and had blue stripes all around it. From up high, blue sand fell like a waterfall -- sandfall? -- that collected in a small "puddle" at the foot of the dune, amidst green trees and bushes. There was a woman toiling in the blue spot, about the size of a bathtub, with a paddle. Where she dug the blue turned to red.

I asked her why she did that, to which she replied in order to keep the two magical worlds apart at the border she had to turn blue sand into red.

I was intrigued, but then I woke up.