News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 07, 2021, 11:39:24 PM
Has anyone else been having weirder than normal dreams lately?

Yes!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 08, 2021, 01:05:02 AM
I'm able to calculate, modify a program, and several other things while I'm dreaming. That's a little weird to me.

That's interesting! :chin:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2021, 10:27:11 AM

Yes!

In what way are your dreams different?

Mine feel more real, even if impossibly weird.

Randy

Last night, toward the end of my dream, I was in a foreign country south of the UK. It was a third world type something like the Philippines. Anyway, I did not have my passport with me and I was trying my best to at least get to England although I don't know why when I remember telling people that I'm an American citizen.

I remember going to the place where one buys a ticket for transportation, I assume flight but I don't know. I wasn't allowed to buy one without a passport so I called up a passport agency. (I know, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.) They told me they couldn't help me.

I also ended up finding that a soda from a vending machine would cost $5.25 USD. Beer was the same price and it had Guinness. Unfortunately, I had something like three dollars and some change. A woman offered me a ginger ale and wanted to have sex a little later.

The country I couldn't even pronounce in my dream and I couldn't remember how it was spelled.

That's about how my dreams go. There is more to this one but it's fading away.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 08, 2021, 11:55:39 AM

Yes!

That is not for public discussion ;)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

The other night I dreamed that I was showing an alien around Earth.  The alien was behind me the entire time, so I never saw it, but I remember being very excited about showing it the Pacific Ocean up close.

That's a little weirder than normal, esp. since I was in this dream (I'm usually not) and the subject of it wasn't.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2021, 01:34:05 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 08, 2021, 11:55:39 AM

Yes!

That is not for public discussion ;)

Oh. Ok.  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 08, 2021, 08:14:55 PM

The other night I dreamed that I was showing an alien around Earth.  The alien was behind me the entire time, so I never saw it, but I remember being very excited about showing it the Pacific Ocean up close.

That's a little weirder than normal, esp. since I was in this dream (I'm usually not) and the subject of it wasn't.

:watching:

xSilverPhinx

Last night I dreamt my puppy Joy took my slipper from this dimension of reality and hid it in a parallel universe, where I couldn't go. It was a very odd dream, but based on mundane, everyday worries.  ;D She takes my slipper every opportunity she gets.  ::)

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 22, 2021, 01:12:25 AM
Last night I dreamt my puppy Joy took my slipper from this dimension of reality and hid it in a parallel universe, where I couldn't go. It was a very odd dream, but based on mundane, everyday worries.  ;D She takes my slipper every opportunity she gets.  ::)
Why can't I have dreams about other dimensions? Mine usually involve time travel.  :Gaah:
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

i just dream about rattlesnakes and then my wife has to wake me up before i attack her in my sleep

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Last night I dreamed that I was a 30 something engineer at a manufacturing plant.  I often brought vellums (original drawings that I had done) to the young woman who operated the Ozalid machine.  hat is the machine that makes blue prints by using the original drawings as a pattern.

She was 20 something, a hottie, and suspected of being a little bit loose. She was hitting on me big time and continuously.  I am a single guy with no current relationships.  This is really tempting......My better angels and common sense say to leave this one alone.  My testosterone is telling me to grab the brass ring .....Dammit, I woke up before I was able to resolve the dilemma.   

billy rubin

i tell my kids tha5 their life iz today.

there is no waiting-until-they-are-ready stuff

if they have a chance to do something meaningful then i tell them to cut the cords and do it

not specifically hotties atthe ozalid but you know what i mean

i was lucky enough to be able to throw my life away for the love of my life and its been fire and ice for 27 years

jyzt zayin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on January 23, 2021, 12:13:45 AM
Last night I dreamed that I was a 30 something engineer at a manufacturing plant.  I often brought vellums (original drawings that I had done) to the young woman who operated the Ozalid machine.  hat is the machine that makes blue prints by using the original drawings as a pattern.

She was 20 something, a hottie, and suspected of being a little bit loose. She was hitting on me big time and continuously.  I am a single guy with no current relationships.  This is really tempting......My better angels and common sense say to leave this one alone.  My testosterone is telling me to grab the brass ring .....Dammit, I woke up before I was able to resolve the dilemma.

I hate it when that happens!

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on January 23, 2021, 12:13:45 AM

I hate it when a dream leaves me with a cliffhanger.