News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Date Thread

Started by Bad Penny II, November 03, 2020, 10:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

20th November 1789
Beethoven's father retired without honours.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

1922 is both a Stephen King novel and a movie, besides being a year. Also, Babe Ruth hit 35 home runs.

476 AD

Bad Penny II

Oh no, let us not talk of 476, it had an extra day in the second month, you all know how I deplore an extended February.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

In the year of our Noodly Lord 2042 Trump finally concedes he lost the 2020 election.

1 BCE

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

1BCE Campaigning starts for the 2024 US elections.

1010 CE
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

1010 CE:

The Russian city of Yaroslavl was founded.  During the celebration, Ivan the Inebriated won the vodka drinking contest, but fell into the river. His body decayed and released the vodka into the city water supply, resulting in many drunken school children. Not much was learned that year.

44 BCE.

Tom62

44 BCE:
Et tu, Brute?

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Anne D.

Goatees are all the rage in the French court.

9,000 B.C.

Bad Penny II

9,000 BC

Not much happening, the earth hasn't been formed yet, darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Ecurb Noselrub

I am elected as President of the United States. My first executive order is to mandate free beer tomorrow.  But my cabinet rebels and declares me unfit under the 25th Amendment.  I retire from politics and open a tiki bar in Maui.

333 BCE

Bad Penny II

333 BCE

Pietriclatise presents his method for cutting a custard tart into three, two equal parts and one a bit bigger, but not too obviously so for the cutter.

Randy

1666 - The final year of Amish technology progression.

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

2100 -  The year Queen Elizabeth II finally passes away. RIP.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

536 Iceland farted.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

2245 keith richards dies

set the function, not the mechanism.