Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on July 04, 2021, 06:09:35 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on July 04, 2021, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 04, 2021, 01:38:03 PM
It was certainly a sense of relief. We're not out of the woods yet, but I seriously doubt he'll make any sort of comeback.

I wish that is true, but I expect him to run again in 2024.
I don't know...
I think I'll make Trump my prison pen-pal very soon.
:reading:

He isn't convicted of anything. I understood that this lawsuit is not against him, but against his company. No, I think he'll be back.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on July 05, 2021, 04:53:49 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 04, 2021, 06:09:35 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on July 04, 2021, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 04, 2021, 01:38:03 PM
It was certainly a sense of relief. We're not out of the woods yet, but I seriously doubt he'll make any sort of comeback.

I wish that is true, but I expect him to run again in 2024.
I don't know...
I think I'll make Trump my prison pen-pal very soon.
:reading:

He isn't convicted of anything. I understood that this lawsuit is not against him, but against his company. No, I think he'll be back.

He isn't convicted of anything, yet.
The lawsuit is against his company, and a company is made up of...um...people, and who is responsible for it? Him and his kids.
No, I don't think he'll be back.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

we ll see how it goes. this is the first lawsuit, andtbere is no indication yet as to whethrr there are more. i think that tbeyre stilltrying to turn his accountant.

the grandjury is only one month into its six month term so theyhave plenty of time consider additional indictments.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

Memories.............

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
.................................Memaw's holiday chicken.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on July 05, 2021, 08:48:05 PM
Memories.............

I think this is beyond that reality-shifting stuff that's going on.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

The combination of a new phone that counts steps and getting involved with litter picking means I and my dogs are fitter than we have been in years :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

Congrats, Tank!  :) You must be feeling great.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on July 05, 2021, 08:48:05 PM
Memories.............

Wut did I just see...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

ah

broken down on the side of the road in north carolina. the trailrr lost a set of wheels from tbe left rear corner.

didnt even know until some guy in a passing car yelled at me to stop.

so im parked, the 41,000 pound coil is still on the trailer and nobody is dead.

that i know about. no idea where my wheels are

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 04, 2021, 08:53:45 PM
ah

broken down on the side of the road in north carolina. the trailrr lost a set of wheels from tbe left rear corner.

didnt even know until some guy in a passing car yelled at me to stop.

so im parked, the 41,000 pound coil is still on the trailer and nobody is dead.

That's the sort of thing you see on Youtube! Good thing you and your load didn't take a tumble.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

Yikes Billy!  That can become a sticky wicket or worse.   If those wheels are in someone's dining room or some such place....let us perish the thought....Personal injury lawyers will salivate over episodes of this sort.  Meanwhile, try to take care of Billy first, that coil of steel second.

billy rubin

http://imgur.com/a/5qH7pyl

i cannot get a jpg

im stopped for the night in a convenient church parking lot. tomorrow the axle surgeon will come and torch off the stub and weld on a new one. then with some brakes and bearings and wheels and stuff im back on the road.

this is the third time ive lost duals at highwsy speeds. lycky nobody was in thevway. they roll a long distance and kill people

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on October 04, 2021, 08:53:45 PM

Your wheels go missing and the internet gets broken.
Was there a black box like the one below about?

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 04, 2021, 11:59:50 PM
http://imgur.com/a/5qH7pyl

i cannot get a jpg

im stopped for the night in a convenient church parking lot. tomorrow the axle surgeon will come and torch off the stub and weld on a new one. then with some brakes and bearings and wheels and stuff im back on the road.

this is the third time ive lost duals at highwsy speeds. lycky nobody was in thevway. they roll a long distance and kill people

billy rubin

maybe it did have something to do with facebook going down. no sign of a black box tho

now all the rest of the weeks schedules are up in the air and everybody is calling me asking questions i cannot answer.

but tbis church parking lot is very congenial. thrres a ayground off to the side i.might investigate