News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Insurrection is not new in the US

Started by Icarus, January 19, 2021, 06:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

It is peculiar that some of our US history has to be told by BBC.  White supremacy is alive and well today as it was in times gone by.  Read the article when you get the time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55648011?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Ecurb Noselrub

It has become more and more apparent that a large portion of us never believed in the Declaration of Independence's dictum that "all men are created equal".  Today that percentage is in the 30-40% range, which makes democracy problematic.  It's frightening to think that were it not for the courage of a few courageous people, some of them Republican, that this election could have been stolen by Trump. 

Randy

This is the sort of thing that is never taught in history class.  :-\
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

I never heard of this either. That was horrible.

billy rubin

lots of intimidation was more personal.

okemah, oklahoma, 1911:

about 40 miles from where i was born.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

The Tulsa race riot was also horrible - hundreds of Blacks killed or injured.  1921.

Randy

I don't quite know where to place this tidbit but since they are in part responsible for the insurrection it seemed appropriate.

QAnon Unraveling
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Randy on January 22, 2021, 01:22:23 AM
I don't quite know where to place this tidbit but since they are in part responsible for the insurrection it seemed appropriate.

QAnon Unraveling

Yes, they are having a crisis of faith.  They really believed Biden et al. would be arrested and charged with raping and eating babies. 

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 22, 2021, 05:23:01 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 22, 2021, 01:22:23 AM

QAnon Unraveling

Yes, they are having a crisis of faith.  They really believed Biden et al. would be arrested and charged with raping and eating babies.

I wonder what the penal code is for eating babies?

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

I agree Tank. They've already got 250 people. I wonder how many there were in all. 250 is probably a very small percentage of the insurgents.

No one

Dandy Randy:
This is the sort of thing that is never taught in history class.

HISTORY (n) An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools.

Ambrose Bierce