News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reason for Pro's ban

Started by Whitney, July 19, 2008, 04:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Quote from: "Promethium147"Me tired. I've been scrapping at TREMENDOUS length with Moderator, who dislikes suggestion of improving and expanding site by doing less as I donate money. I don't get it - No, he doesn't. He will only respond by saying Trolls are Bad, and therefore should NOT be better contained (?) or ever examined, and no one, anywhere, should have option of Troll Dissection and Experimentation. He won't address proposition, makes personal accusations, shakes fist, he actually got threatening - emptily threatening. What a dope. It is a Control / Ego issue, methinks.

I then argue that OK, but I may do it to your site from here easy, and the only way to stop me is - shut down. In which case I can recreate the site, with same URL. Huh. I just wanted to ask you first. As a result of this exchange, I am now Better Motivated to do as I will.

On that note....I hope all the members understand why Pro just got banned.

Loffler

Quote from: "laetusatheos"On that note....I hope all the members understand why Pro just got banned.

This is all so... so sudden!

Whitney

I split this off from the original location to avoid further derailing.

Whitney

Quote from: "Loffler"
Quote from: "laetusatheos"On that note....I hope all the members understand why Pro just got banned.

Do I need to better explain the reason for the ban or are you being sarcastic?

I just want to make sure I'm not pissing off any other members.

myleviathan

"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Loffler

Quote from: "laetusatheos"
Quote from: "Loffler"

Do I need to better explain the reason for the ban or are you being sarcastic?
It was a wise choice. He needs to work through his issues.

jcm

Quote from: "laetusatheos"
Quote from: "Promethium147"Me tired. I've been scrapping at TREMENDOUS length with Moderator, who dislikes suggestion of improving and expanding site by doing less as I donate money. I don't get it - No, he doesn't. He will only respond by saying Trolls are Bad, and therefore should NOT be better contained (?) or ever examined, and no one, anywhere, should have option of Troll Dissection and Experimentation. He won't address proposition, makes personal accusations, shakes fist, he actually got threatening - emptily threatening. What a dope. It is a Control / Ego issue, methinks.

I then argue that OK, but I may do it to your site from here easy, and the only way to stop me is - shut down. In which case I can recreate the site, with same URL. Huh. I just wanted to ask you first. As a result of this exchange, I am now Better Motivated to do as I will.

On that note....I hope all the members understand why Pro just got banned.

if he didn't like the forum and the way it was run, then he shouldn't have donated money. good job to everyone who makes this forum great! :banna:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

Whitney

Quote from: "jcm"then he shouldn't have donated money.

For the record, I am not aware of receiving any money from him.

Asmodean

Quote from: "jcm"and the way it was run, then he shouldn't have donated money. good job to everyone who makes this forum great! :)

Oh, and just so it is said, I think you were right to ban him.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Loffler

He had one of those self-obsessed ex-druggie personalities. The Danny Bonaduce type. You know the guy: you meet him at a party and he brings every conversation back to himself, his overcoming drugs, brings up inappropriate sexual or violent stories, talks in rambling bad-poetry style, and thinks he's more clever than he is. These types are also often overly congratulatory and even obsessively loyal to others. "The thing about Tom here, he's the smartest person I've ever met in my life, I'd take a bullet for him, he's my bro. I would kill everyone in this room for Tom, and don't think I haven't thought about it, not saying I would, those days are behind me, the days when I would kill just for one more fix, I don't want to get into that right now, that's a time in my life I'd rather put behind me, not something I'd wish on my worst enemy, nothing mattered to me then, not the hottest sweatiest sex, but I'm stronger today for it and it's a beautiful, cosmic thing. You're my bro."

McQ

I'll comment on the ban, even though I didn't want to originally. It is totally justified. All of my posts regarding pro or with him are wide open and available to see. It is my opinion that he exaggerated his issues with me and blamed me for the things that were going against him.

I am a participant in the forum, but it is also my job to try, as best I can, to moderate it. I check in frequently with this site's owner and creator/admin, laetusatheos, to make sure I'm not overstepping or misinterpreting her wishes. If I ask for, suggest, or direct a thread to be split or get back on track, it is because I've done my best to consider it and want to keep information flowing on the board.

If there is an issue with someone not liking the rules of the forum or the decisions of the admins and moderator, then we do listen, but eventually have to make our own decisions based on all information. Or we put polls on the board, as we are doing now with the Hall of Shame thread. The fact is that the board was being disrupted by someone who didn't like being told that the forum wouldn't conform to his vision of it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I apologize if this has been an issue with anyone else. I respect the members here, even though I may not agree with them on everything, or even on most things. It's cool that we are different. We have to be able to agree to disagree on certain things and support one another on the things with which we agree. If anyone agreed with me on everything, I'd probably think he/she was crazy!  :beer:

Please, if anyone ever has an issue with me or if anyone has an issue with this incident, bring it up (or send a PM if you want it to be one on one).
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

afreethinker30

laetusatheos you had every right.You don't have to explain your actions to us.You've done such a good job making sure that this doesn't become a hate forum.McQ  :beer:  reading alot of your posts I think you are respectful of people,so no need to worry there either.All in all you laetusatheos and all the mods are doing a great job.

McQ

Quote from: "afreethinker30"laetusatheos you had every right.You don't have to explain your actions to us.You've done such a good job making sure that this doesn't become a hate forum.McQ  ;)

I know I'm not perfect, and want to be more tolerant of others. It's a work in progress.

I don't feel I was too quick to judge this time, however, so I'm ok with laetus' ban.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Quote from: "McQ"Thanks. I have a problem reining in my lack of tolerance. It can be a bit unjustified sometimes, as I am often too quick to judge situations. I should have put that in the thread about our Worst Traits!  :P Listen to me on a bad hair day for examples of hasty judgement and lack of tolerance  :beer:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

rlrose328

You don't have to explain anything... I just got done reviewing everything from the past 4 days and wow, I was wondering half-way through if he was gone (voluntarily or involuntarily).  He was definitely a "Bonaduce" type (as someone mentioned), very obsessed with being right, though justifying everything with big words and bravado, like a child.

Keep up the great work.   :hail:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!