News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bluenose

Despite record or near record flooding in the north of the State of Victoria, we are expecting another major dump of rain later next week.  The weather gods are not kind.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tom62

Freezing temperatures and the first day of snow.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Flooding in Scotland. Parts got 160mm in a day! We had some of the most persistent and heavy rain  i've seen in ages.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

Lots and lots of snow. That is not shoveling itself.

billy rubin

a dusting. just enough to turn the mud white on top.

dropping and picking up 4000 pound dumpster boxes is an issue on soft ground. several times in the last month ive come back and said

nope. wouldnt do it. ground was too soft.

much better to chicken out than have a $500 recovery

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Here in central Florida there is not much snow.  Actually no snow at all. My ambient temps are in the 58 F to 71 F range. (39 to 47 C)

For this semi tropical dude, it is too cold for comfort when out doors..

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on December 19, 2022, 03:54:46 AMHere in central Florida there is not much snow.  Actually no snow at all. My ambient temps are in the 58 F to 71 F range. (39 to 47 C)

For this semi tropical dude, it is too cold for comfort when out doors..

The conversion is not correct: the range 58 to 71°F is 14.5 to 22°C.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

We've got weather warnings right now. People are suggested to stay at home because all roads and pavements are extremely slippery due to sleet and black ice. Schools are closed. Temperatures are around -6 degrees Celsius (21 Fahrenheit).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Yeah, we've got a yellow danger thing going for icy conditions. Plus zero-ish during the day, minus ten-ish during the night (all temps in Celsius)

People be crashing their cars and buses bloody everywhere. Strangely enough, not so many tales of big rigs blocking roads just yet. Maybe the border guys finally succeeded in stopping summer-shod trucks from the continent from continuing on without proper chains and rubbies.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

It's been on or below freezing for the last 10 days. No snow. Today it's forecast to reach +15C!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Plus how much, now?! The Asmo really ought to steal other people's heat and apply it to Himself, is what He ought! >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

The air was coming from the North at subzero. As the jet stream vortex has moved the air is now coming from the South at +15C.

Asmodean

Meteorology. It is a cooler science than people give it credit for.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank