News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Useful links

Started by Dave, May 02, 2017, 06:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Posting photos of trumps more attractive, and far more intelligent sibling, is only going to draw ire from the incumbent jackhole. Perhaps his minions might just camp out on your lawn, crying Crocodile tears for their savior in his hour of need.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on December 11, 2020, 03:53:16 PM
Posting photos of trumps more attractive, and far more intelligent sibling, is only going to draw ire from the incumbent jackhole. Perhaps his minions might just camp out on your lawn, crying Crocodile tears for their savior in his hour of need.

Let them camp out on my lawn...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on December 11, 2020, 04:59:46 PM

I like how Jesus was the first to nope out of there. Six hours on a cross? No problem... as long as the sprinklers don't go off.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on December 14, 2020, 02:17:50 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 11, 2020, 04:59:46 PM

I like how Jesus was the first to nope out of there. Six hours on a cross? No problem... as long as the sprinklers don't go off.
I noticed that too. :lol:
Maybe because that wasn't holy water.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

No doubt all of you know what MF means...........Naaah not that one. It means Mental Floss to we sophisticated HAFers.   Here is the fun to know origin of a word that has been going around for a long time. Or at least MF says so.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/571516/why-do-people-say-jesus-h-christ-and-where-did-h-come from?

Dark Lightning

And all this time I thought it meant "haploid", though that technically would have made him female.  ;D

billy rubin

honey bee males are all haploid

only females have both sets

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Here is a useless link in the useful links thread.

It seems that not all of the marvelous and successful inventions made the originators proud.  Rich maybe............  Fun article here:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/10-inventors-who-came-to-regret-their-creations?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on March 08, 2021, 01:55:39 AM

It seems that not all of the marvelous and successful inventions made the originators proud.  Rich maybe............  Fun article here:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/10-inventors-who-came-to-regret-their-creations?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Useless but fascinating.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on March 08, 2021, 01:55:39 AM

That makes very interesting reading.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

This thread has been quiet for a while.  Much water has since flowed over the dam.

I have been critical of stupid people for a long time.  To be honest with myself and my peers, I must agree that I have done some stupid things in the past. What the hell, I may do some more dumb stuff if I fail to engage my brain before shifting into stupid mode.  But dumb stuff is not the same as stupid stuff although the two may overlap.

Here is a link that helps analyze, or at least identify, the essence of human stupidity.  It is the work of a thinker named Carlos Cippola.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvSkpcgaAMY

Try not to think of Trumpists while you view the vid.

Icarus

Just thought you might want to know what a salt crystal actually looks like. Some other stuff too.