News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Why I'm voting for Biden

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, August 21, 2020, 04:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on September 05, 2020, 03:42:40 AM
this stuff wont affect his base, but ibelieve it will stick with everybody else.

trump has squandered his credibility with petty lies. nobody believes him anymore.

i suspect people are also getting fed up withhis endless controversies. i cant tell because i live in trumps happy land.

does anybody from elsewhere have perspective on that?

I also live in Trumpland. Today there was a  Trump Pickup Parade in Padre Island where I am spending the holiday. Honking,  flags, etc. Obnoxious.  But Texas is in play, and right now Biden has a chance of winning this giant.

billy rubin

the democrats winning texas would be a time machine

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Biden is holding a steady 7 point advantage in the polls. The key to victory is the return of the Obama coalition.  Minorities and young people have to vote. If they do, Biden wins.  If they don't, it's at least four more years of Trump/Barr unchained.  Think of that.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 18, 2020, 02:41:54 AM
Biden is holding a steady 7 point advantage in the polls. The key to victory is the return of the Obama coalition.  Minorities and young people have to vote. If they do, Biden wins.  If they don't, it's at least four more years of Trump/Barr unchained.  Think of that.

Believe me, I do. And the shit those two will pull will be horrifying. Here in California, I expect a solid blue vote, but some other places, I'm not so sure. My wife and I are discussing leaving the US, but I'm not convinced that any place else is any better, in spite of the shit that is going on here.

Ecurb Noselrub

Early voting starts here on Oct. 13.  I can't wait!  Whatever the outcome, this is my voice, however small it is.  My vote is my inheritance from the Founding Fathers. It connects me with the beginning of this nation.  I do not understand people who don't vote.  I will proudly vote for Biden/Harris and for those in other races who align with them.  Eventually, Texas will turn blue.

billy rubin

i didn't vote for some 20 odd years, after th esenate refused to convict bill clinton for perjury and obstruction of justice.

after i heard him lie to the american people on national radio.

since that time i have come to realize that bill clinton was not at all the worst thing that could happen.

american politics is a shitshow right now, reflecting a country that is a shitshow.

i'm worried for the country. should biden win, which i consider likely, i don't know how much he can do to repair the damage. the only thing that might help is if there is a blowout democratic win in the house, senate, and presidency. if any of those three stay in the hands of the minority party after 03 november, i don't know what biden will be able to accomplish.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

trump and is mindless trumptard zombies need to be put in sterilization camps, and be done with.

Ecurb Noselrub

Today I made good on my pledge to vote for Biden.  This is the first day of early voting in Texas.  My wife and I stood in line for 2 hours, but now we've done it and it's over.  Voting lines are long all over the state.

In the future I would hope there could be a more efficient and secure way to vote for president, the one election that all Americans can participate in. We have the technology to do this - we just don't have the will at this time.

Recusant

There's significant "will" that suffrage be restricted in the US, and it's had some success.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

this country is at a political crossroads.

we have a minority voice that persists in maintaining influence because of its successful organisation

and a majority voice that can't get its head out of its asshole in order to make its positions obtain.

i don't know who will come out on top in the vote, or what effect post-vote controversies will have.

but this is not how it was intended to work. i don't know how to return this political system to that prior philosophy.

Davin

I voted yesterday. I'm really hoping that Trump and all Republicans get voted out. I understand that many down the line and smaller Republicans are not terrible people. But at this point, you can't be that good of a person if you're still a Republican after seeing the party getting to this point of open corruption, human rights, voter suppression, national debt, government spending, crashing economies, legislation that favors big corporations over small businesses, pro-corporation at the expense of the people... etc.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

I voted Democratic all the way to the local elections (mainly local judges) where only Republicans are running.  I know them so I voted for them, realizing that they are GOP mainly because that's the only way to get elected here.  I don't like it, but if I appear before them I can at least say "I voted for you".  Maybe hypocritical, but they were going to win anyway, and I would rather see judges selected by merit.

Tank

Watching with interest. Thank you for voting out the Mango Cockwomble!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Quote from: Tank on October 16, 2020, 09:40:38 AM
Watching with interest. Thank you for voting out the Mango Cockwomble!

It pains me to know that we have not yet voted him out.  We will learn about the voting result some time past November third. It is far from certain that the voters in the U.S. have gotten their heads out of their asses.  Trump has a following that is loyal, boisterous, and confrontational.  The many polls have him losing but polls are not elections. 

It is encouraging that more than a few of our Republican senators and representatives, previously staunch Trump supporters,  have backed off from the support of Trump.  They seem to believe that they too may be defeated if they continue to support the psychopathic lying  madman. The words "Bloodbath" is being bandied about by fearsome Republican politicians.  Dear FSM let that be true. But there is no telling what or for whom the enormous population of U.S. lesser sophisticated  people will vote for.   

At this moment we are having thrust upon us a candidate for the supreme court.  She is eminently qualified in terms of law and constitutional matters. Alas, she is an exceptional legal intellectual. Ms. Barret is also a deep end catholic....really deep end Catholic Pentacostal type who believes in speaking in tongues and other weird stuff. She is almost certain to be selected as the Judge to replace our revered  Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It would be difficult to imagine a more opposite pair of Judiciaries. This has some severe implications in terms of  future rulings.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken