News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What is your sceen size and internet connection?

Started by Tank, June 25, 2010, 09:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Interested to know as I would like to propose that the picture width be increased to 1024 pixels. Photography is my hobby and I have some tutorials that I would like to post and it would be nice if the pictures appeared in full rather than thumb nails.

So my screen is on a lap top and is 1200 wide by 800 heigh and I have a broadband connection that is pretty fast.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Currently, 1.5Mbps DSL and a 24 inch monitor  :pop:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

karadan

20mbps with 2 x 24 inch monitors.

Games look good on my system :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

KDbeads

Uhmmmmmm.............
I have DSL..... 100mpbs, at least that's what it says anyway.
Monitor is uhmm..... big enough?  I think I bought a 19" for this computer, I know I did for hubby's but my monitor is more rectangular... might be a 21"  Too much bigger and I get motion sick while typing  :blush:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

The Black Jester

We have a broadband connection at home, and I have a 23.1" widescreen monitor - I think the resolution is 1920 x 1080.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

KDbeads

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Cheers. It's looking like 1024 wide for pictures will not be an issue. Need a few more before we can call it a quorum.

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Davin

Rez is always as high as I can get it, at work though it only goes up to two 1280x1024 displays. Internet is always high speed.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ellainix

I have a 9" pink baby Acer. I connect where I can in malls and coffee shops.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Tom62

I've got three computers at home.
- the latest 27" iMac (running under OS-X Snow Leopard and Windows 7).
- a three year's old Sony Vaio, with a 15" screen (running under Windows XP)
- a 7 year old Fujitsu Siemens PC with a 17" screen (running under Ubuntu 10).

I surf the Internet at home with a 16,000 kBits DSL Connection.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hismikeness

MacMini attached to a Samsung 52" TV. Resolution is highest... 1440 I think.

Also check the interwebs on my iPod Touch.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Whitney

Currently...2" X 2.5" GPRS connection

I have the image size where it is to control database size as well as loading time.