News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

RIP Roe v. Wade

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 28, 2022, 01:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on August 08, 2022, 10:19:31 PMThe reason we like fascism, is that the majority of us claim an affiliation to a fascist regime.
The reason I don't like Fascism is that it is a collectivist ideology. All for the state and "nothing" above or beyond the state. Does my reason for disliking it have any bearing on whether or not someone will think up (or remember, or carry on) Fascism any more than your reason for liking it?

QuoteAll the God religions are fascist by nature, including Christianity and Islam.
I don't know about "all," but Christianity and Islam certainly share some ideology with Fascism - or it with them.

QuoteThey put God above man when their genocidal prick belongs in hell and well below man, if morals are at issue.
...And Fascists put their state/race/doctrine/whatever other common crap they may agree on above themselves - and each other. I wonder if it may be an expression of the pack tendency to "need" an alpha to follow, be that alpha an individual with exceptionally long canines, or an idea
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

well, the precautionary changes are coming down. my wife and i are advising our two daughters not to share their menstrual history online or with a physician. facebook has already provided private DMs under subpoena to law enforcement, resulting in people being prosecuted for reproductive crimes.

menstrual information, as " . . . when was your last period?" used to be innocent and private, but can now be legally weaponized. even a well-meaning doctor might not know what records the hospital staff are releasing to law enforcement. we're telling them that the correct answer is just to say, "my periods are regualar."

interesting times, for sure.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Old Seer

According to Mussolini, Fascism is the merging of corporate power and government.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Asmodean

Yeah, pretty much. Corporate would be OK in a Fascist society, as long as it served the state. So Fascism is not Cyberpunk corporatism - the "merger" goes the other way.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/republican-lawmaker-just-now-realized-abortion-ban-he-voted-for-has-real-life-consequences/ar-AA10MmSl?cvid=5aaa9184959e487996dc580bbc417c3f

QuoteARepublican in the South Carolina state House of Representatives fought back tears this week as he talked about the dangerous ramifications of the state's abortion ban—which he himself voted for.

Collins fought back tears speaking from the statehouse floor this week, describing the emotional and physical torture he and his colleagues recently inflicted on a 19-year-old woman.

In just the second week after this six-week ban took effect, Collins says a doctor called him and told him about the woman, whose water broke after 15 weeks of pregnancy—far before the point of viability where the fetus could survive outside the womb but long after the six-week cutoff to receive an emergency abortion.

Because the fetus had a heartbeat, lawyers advised the woman's doctors that they could not perform an abortion to remove it, even though that is the standard and absolutely necessary medical procedure. The only options were to discharge her or to admit her to the hospital and wait for the heartbeat to stop on its own—something the doctor told him could take anywhere from seconds to happen to days. That's a completely unnecessary, physically and emotionally harrowing experience, not to mention likely financially draining seeing as this woman lives in a country where healthcare is prohibitively expensive.

The doctors sent the woman home. Collins explained what she was left to go through: "First, she's going to pass this fetus in the toilet. She's going to have to deal with that on her own." Then, he says he was told, "There's a greater than 50 percent chance that she's going to lose her uterus; there's a 10 percent chance that she will develop sepsis and herself die."

"That weighs on me. I voted for that bill. These are affecting people," Collins said, adding that he did not sleep the entire week he heard this story.

people like ^^^this disgust me. so he lost sleep for a whole week? missed his saturday at the beach condo, maybe?

he did nothing to assist the woman he harmed. it was all about him and his self-pity. the important part:

"She's going to have to deal with that on her own."

she was 19 years old and returned two weeks later to have the corpse removed from her body.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Oh, but punishing that young woman for her iniquities is our duty as good Christians (dumb fuck kooks are a more appropriate description in my disturbed mind).

Let us sing: Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before, Christ the royal master............etc.

Perhaps, we may be advised by our Heavenly maker, burn the witch.

GOP crackpots who make cruel rules should burn in their own imaginary hell...

billy rubin

. . . and another

Woman Forced To Travel From Louisiana To Abort Fetus Missing Skull
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-davis-louisiana-abortion-acrania_n_63019100e4b0f7df9bb101dc

QuoteA pregnant 0Louisiana woman will be forced to travel to another state to abort her fetus, which is missing part of its skull and would die soon after birth, according to the woman's attorney.

Because the fetus' condition — 0acrania — is 0not specifically named in the state law as an exception to Louisiana's abortion ban, Nancy Davis, 36, will travel several states away where she can obtain an abortion.

"There's nothing I wanted more than this child," she told 0told The New York Times.

But she also explained to 0CBS affiliate WAFB in Baton Rouge that it was excruciating to think that she was "carrying it to bury it."(/quote]

Anne D.

Quote from: Tank on August 06, 2022, 12:40:40 PMInteresting referendum result.

Kansas votes to preserve abortion rights in first post-Roe v. Wade election test

"Aug 2 (Reuters) - Kansas voters on Tuesday rejected an effort to remove abortion protections from the state's constitution, a resounding win for the abortion rights movement in the first statewide electoral test since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

The amendment's failure in the conservative state lifted Democrats' hopes that the issue of abortion rights will draw voters to the party in November's midterm elections even as they worry about surging inflation."

If it were put to a referendum in just about every state in the union, I think the results would be about the same. Polls show the majority of Americans are decidedly pro-choice. The issue won't be put to a referendum in most states, though; it will be decided by laws passed or kept in place by state legislatures. In many states, the voting districts are so gerrymandered that it's literally impossible for a non-far-right candidate to be be elected in the majority of districts (see, e.g., Wisconsin, Ohio, Texas).

billy rubin

my ohio disyrict is a 7 hour drive from north to south

about 30 minutes east to west

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2022, 01:35:26 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on August 08, 2022, 10:19:31 PMThe reason we like fascism, is that the majority of us claim an affiliation to a fascist regime.
The reason I don't like Fascism is that it is a collectivist ideology. All for the state and "nothing" above or beyond the state. Does my reason for disliking it have any bearing on whether or not someone will think up (or remember, or carry on) Fascism any more than your reason for liking it?

QuoteAll the God religions are fascist by nature, including Christianity and Islam.
I don't know about "all," but Christianity and Islam certainly share some ideology with Fascism - or it with them.

QuoteThey put God above man when their genocidal prick belongs in hell and well below man, if morals are at issue.
...And Fascists put their state/race/doctrine/whatever other common crap they may agree on above themselves - and each other. I wonder if it may be an expression of the pack tendency to "need" an alpha to follow, be that alpha an individual with exceptionally long canines, or an idea

Fascism is just another ism that is synonymous with tribal people.

We are all isms as we are all tribal.

Our tribal natures stem from our selfish gene and instinct that has us seek fellowship, for protection.

We all naturally seek an alpha to emulate, so that later we can replace him or her as the fittest.

We are all born thinking we are the fittest of our line, and want to show it, as it is a logically truth to all new life.

Regards
DL

billy rubin

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on August 23, 2022, 08:54:16 PMFascism is just another ism that is synonymous with tribal people.

Our tribal natures stem from our selfish gene and instinct that has us seek fellowship, for protection.

We all naturally seek an alpha to emulate, so that later we can replace him or her as the fittest.

We are all born thinking we are the fittest of our line, and want to show it, as it is a logically truth to all new life.

Regards
DL

i disagree, greatest.

i think that you certainly are describing the reflexive behaviour of people who follow their animal natures, but we are not bound to follow it.

i dont look for alphas to emulate, for example. instead, i seek out places and communities that allow me to avoid just those leadership-focused societies.

Asmodean

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on August 23, 2022, 08:54:16 PMFascism is just another ism that is synonymous with tribal people.
No. Fascism is not synonymous with tribalism. As any mass movement, however, it is a subset thereof.

Fascism is an ideology that puts the state at its centre - where everything is the state's business and nothing is above the state.

QuoteWe are all isms as we are all tribal.
"No man is an island" is a generalised saying. Some people are. (I disagree with the scope of your statement here, rather than its content)

QuoteOur tribal natures stem from our selfish gene and instinct that has us seek fellowship, for protection.
Propagation more so than protection.

QuoteWe all naturally seek an alpha to emulate, so that later we can replace him or her as the fittest.
No. Alphas do not.

QuoteWe are all born thinking we are the fittest of our line, and want to show it, as it is a logically truth to all new life.
We learn and create our worth. We are not born thinking much at all - in the beginning, in our own reference, we just are.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: billy rubin on August 23, 2022, 10:08:30 PM

Regards
DL

i disagree, greatest.

i think that you certainly are describing the reflexive behaviour of people who follow their animal natures, but we are not bound to follow it.

i dont look for alphas to emulate, for example. instead, i seek out places and communities that allow me to avoid just those leadership-focused societies.

Strange that you would wish to emulate less than the best.

To each his own I guess.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Asmodean on August 24, 2022, 08:13:14 AMwe just are.

Hardly something I would name a complicated genetic code that we have yet to crack.

If a more fit Alpha does not replace a less fit Alpha, what happens to the tribe?

Regards
DL