News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

RIP Roe v. Wade

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 28, 2022, 01:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

It's not though.

A particle decaying in Andromeda has nothing to do with the Sun. However, it is within the framework of time.

So, not an interval between events (around the Sun) - a descriptor of meaningful change. When something dynamic can be, relative to something else, then we have time.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Time, it just keeps on ticking. You can run, just don't miss that starting gun. You'll never catch that sinking sun, that races to come up behind you again, and again. Closer to your death, with each and every breath.

Bluenose

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to nought or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Bluenose on July 31, 2022, 01:21:36 PMEvery year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to nought or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say
When you are ten, a year is one tenth of your life. When you are fifty - one fiftieth. The years may still be the same, but your perception of them in relation to yourself is probably not... Especially if you have kids, I guess. You watch them grow "in a blink of an eye," yet for them... Past certain age, the future can't come fast enough.

The Asmo wanders off, muttering something melancholy
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Interesting referendum result.

Kansas votes to preserve abortion rights in first post-Roe v. Wade election test

"Aug 2 (Reuters) - Kansas voters on Tuesday rejected an effort to remove abortion protections from the state's constitution, a resounding win for the abortion rights movement in the first statewide electoral test since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

The amendment's failure in the conservative state lifted Democrats' hopes that the issue of abortion rights will draw voters to the party in November's midterm elections even as they worry about surging inflation."
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Indiana legislators ignored the tidal wave of dissent in Kansas.  The Hoosier wizards voted to reduce the availability of abortions in Indiana. Christian Nationalism on display.

The attitude of the citizens of Indiana is almost surely similar to the ones in Kansas. That is clearly; A woman gets to decide, not some damned politician.  Are these legislators trying to eliminate themselves from office?

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on August 07, 2022, 02:20:33 AMAre these legislators trying to eliminate themselves from office?
Let them.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

^ Not only shall we let them, but we can also encourage them to "Take a hike" Preferably on a long walk on a short pier.

Bluenose

Quote from: Icarus on August 07, 2022, 02:20:33 AMAre these legislators trying to eliminate themselves from office?

With any luck they will succeed.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on August 08, 2022, 02:22:43 AM^ Not only shall we let them, but we can also encourage them to "Take a hike" Preferably on a long walk on a short pier.
Wishing death on your political opposition. How very revolutionary of you.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

It is a shame that the battle of wits between right and left has deteriorated to personalities and the volume of the offerings, instead of issues.

I used to enjoy American politics, for guidance of thought.

Now it is just noise without worth.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Asmodean on August 08, 2022, 07:03:05 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 08, 2022, 02:22:43 AM^ Not only shall we let them, but we can also encourage them to "Take a hike" Preferably on a long walk on a short pier.
Wishing death on your political opposition. How very revolutionary of you.

In politics, ideas are to be killed by the intelligentsia of both sides, then go toast the solutions at the bars.

That was the American better way.

Now, it seems that both sides have forgotten how to act, and try to twist the knife after a tap out.

Americans hate each other.

I can see why.

Get the old American attitudes back.

Regards
DL

No one

I just wish death on everyone, and everything.

Asmodean

You can't kill an idea, Bishop.

At least, nobody managed to thus far, to the best of my knowledge. There is a reason why we constantly revisit Communism and Fascism alike, and no matter the weight of the arguments against, they still manage to find purchase.

Eradicate an idea, and it will get thought anew. Suppress it and it will go into those dark places where it can fester and continue spreading regardless.

I disagree that politics is about killing ideas - it's about the end goals and the many roads to them.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Asmodean

I do not want to or suggest killing ideas.

The reason we like fascism, is that the majority of us claim an affiliation to a fascist regime.

All the God religions are fascist by nature, including Christianity and Islam.

They put God above man when their genocidal prick belongs in hell and well below man, if morals are at issue.

Regards
DL