News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Legalize It

Started by Recusant, January 18, 2020, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

I was not clear, last post. The OD stuff would be from drugs other than MJ, like cocaine or something. I have experience from the '70s with MJ, and maybe used it 7 to 10 times.

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on May 03, 2021, 08:48:10 AM
The creeps in Washington DC are making noises about putting a federal limit on potency. They haven't legalized it fer fuck's sake. You're going to put regulations on something you don't allow people to legally possess? Sounds like a non-starter to me, but then I don't have a politician's ability to get their cranium firmly inserted into their nether orifice. Bastards. I've never thought much of Feinstein, from her rise to power in San Francisco (taking over for the murdered Mayor Moscone) and on through her notably successful career.  :sulk:

"The cannabis industry's next war: How strong should its weed be?" | Politico

QuoteProposals to limit the potency of THC have been introduced by both Democrats and Republicans, and are likely to proliferate as the legal pot market expands and matures. Lawmakers in Congress have also expressed concern about the increasing potency of weed. In March, the co-chairs of the Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control — Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) — argued that federal agencies should consider recommending THC caps.

[Link to full article.]

Forty-five years ago --

Hmmm
Maybe they should watch this video right before their meetings... :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

I've never tried marijuana. Now that I'm terminally ill (for those who just joined I have cancer) and my oncologist has yet to prescribe it. It wouldn't matter though as the stuff I'm on is a lot stronger and right now I just don't want to feel pain. In my case marijuana won't be enough.

I think it should be legalized and under FDA scrutiny. I wouldn't mind going to la la land to escape this life for a while.

The only reason I'm up now is the pain. I took a few pills (different types) and it's tapering it off. If my doctor prescribed marijuana I'd pick it up and do as the doctor has instructed
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

marijuana never helped me with pain. it just messed me up so much i forgot about it for a while

but the pain was preferable to the marijuana

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Marijuana has helped me with body aches, stomach discomfort, mood, appetite, etc.
You just have to know when too much will "mess you up" instead of help you.
In my case, the Marijuana was preferable to the pain.
-I'm just saying.  :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

even asmall amount messes me up, magdalena. i have no physiological tolerance. the stuff to me is super unpleasant.

its always been that way 

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on May 12, 2021, 10:30:35 AM
even asmall amount messes me up, magdalena. i have no physiological tolerance. the stuff to me is super unpleasant.

its always been that way
That's too bad.  :therethere:

billy rubin

nah

i get drug tested now all the time anyway because i have a class a license. couldn't smoke it if i wanted to

when i quit driving i'll just start growing poppies

Recusant

"Cannabis Treatment Can Reduce Kids' Epileptic Seizures by 86%, Early Results Show" | Science Alert

QuoteThe anti-seizure qualities of the cannabis plant can likely not be boiled down to a single compound, like cannabidiol (CBD), according to emerging research.

Studies in Australia have recently revealed numerous other compounds in the cannabis plant that also show anticonvulsant effects. Some of them could even be more powerful than CBD.

A small observational study in the United Kingdom now backs up those findings. When 10 children with intractable forms of epilepsy began using a medicine that contained the whole cannabis plant, including cannabidiols, terpenes, and flavonoids, their seizure frequency fell by an average of 86 percent.

The research was not randomized or placebo-controlled, however, these case studies show far greater success than the outcomes of CBD extracts alone.

[Continues . . .]

The paper is open access:

"Medical cannabis for severe treatment resistant epilepsy in children: a case-series of 10 patients" | BMJ Paediatrics Open

QuoteAbstract:

Objectives To report the findings of a case-series of 10 children suffering with intractable epilepsies in the UK to determine the feasibility for using whole-plant cannabis medicines to treat seizures in children.

Setting This study was conducted retrospectively through collecting clinical data from caretakers and clinicians on study outcome variables. Participants were recruited through the MedCann Support and End our Pain charity groups which are patient representative groups that support children who are using medical cannabis to treat their epilepsies. Medicines were prescribed to patients by clinicians in both National Health Service and private medical practices. Follow-up calls were conducted throughout the period January 2021 to May 2021 to keep data recorded up to date.

Participants Ten children, 18 years old or under, with intractable epilepsies were recruited from two charities. There were no limitations on diagnosis, sex or ethnic origin.

Interventions Participants were treated with a range of whole-plant medical cannabis oils. Individual dosing regimens were determined by clinicians.

Primary outcome measure The primary outcome measure was seizure frequency.

Results Seizure frequency across all 10 participants reduced by 86% with no significant adverse events. Participants reduced use of antiepileptic drugs from an average of seven to one following treatment with medical cannabis. We also noted significant financial costs of £874 per month to obtain these medicines through private prescriptions.

Conclusions This study establishes the feasibility of whole-plant medical cannabis as an effective and well-tolerated medicine for reducing seizure frequency in children suffering with intractable epilepsies. These findings justify the potential value of further research into the reported therapeutic benefit of whole-plant medicinal cannabis products.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Good research by the look of it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.