News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 12, 2019, 04:18:55 AM
Very nice, real action people use unmotorised leisure vehicles.
You did know the Harkonnens were nice guys in the prequels?
Yeah, well, some of us are accidentally nice sometimes. I won't hold it against them.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Siz

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 12, 2019, 02:57:25 AM
That sailboat is way cool! I had considered learning sailing, (never learned how, having only worked in the engine room of a ship- no sails there!) but all my energy ended up spent on getting the kids food every day. Now that I'm retired and arthritic, I have to choose my energy expenditures carefully.

BoT, the last thing I bought was a wall plate that has a coaxial connector and a jack for the ethernet cable, in one piece! Saved me from punching another hole in the wall (after, of course, finding a stud, etc).

There appear to be a lot of sea dogs on here. I'm guessing that's because of US national service in the most part??
My Dad (US) was an Air Force engineer.

I served my time at the sailing club servicing my kid's sailing needs. Now they're self-sufficient, it's time to catch up on my own fun.

Wouldn't you need to AVOID the stud?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Siz

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 12, 2019, 02:49:36 AM
Wow, this is all so impressive.

:not worthy:

Nah, easy to talk about something toyed with regularly and sound impressive.

What's your bag, Hermes? I bet you've got loads of interesting insight into young Asian men?! ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: Siz on November 12, 2019, 09:05:46 AM

What's your bag, Hermes? I bet you've got loads of interesting insight into young Asian men?! ;D

I have a few bags, apart from my official profession of organic chemist, such as interior and furniture design, architecture, classical music, photography, sculpture, and other art-related stuff. Oh, and of course lots of Asian guys in my promiscuous youth, but I tend to keep most of those details to myself in this forum, to respect the sensibilities of you younger straight guys.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Siz

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 12, 2019, 09:32:48 AM

I have a few bags, apart from my official profession of organic chemist, such as interior and furniture design, architecture, classical music, photography, sculpture, and other art-related stuff. Oh, and of course lots of Asian guys in my promiscuous youth, but I tend to keep most of those details to myself in this forum, to respect the sensibilities of you younger straight guys.

Hehe, I'm sure there're enough interested parties to make a thread of it!  ::) I'm not so squeamish!

We had a 'gay crush' thread a few years ago. Johnny Depp was mine, but he's a bit of a wally these days, so not so keen any more. Matt Damon is def in the mix. But I'd have had to have run out of a world of female lovelies before actually choosing a fella as a IRL sexual partner. Or maybe be really drunk ...or paid.

hermes2015

Quote from: Siz on November 12, 2019, 10:29:16 AM

Hehe, I'm sure there're enough interested parties to make a thread of it!  ::) I'm not so squeamish!

We had a 'gay crush' thread a few years ago. Johnny Depp was mine, but he's a bit of a wally these days, so not so keen any more. Matt Damon is def in the mix. But I'd have had to have run out of a world of female lovelies before actually choosing a fella as a IRL sexual partner. Or maybe be really drunk ...or paid.

I think it's well-known here that mine is the Taylor Lautner of a few years ago (not now). And Leonardo DiCaprio in his early twenties. You'd be surprised how many married men visit the bathhouses for a bit of fun at lunch time and before going home after work. They never really appealed to me, though.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

As far as I recall you were drunk.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2019, 12:08:08 PM

:o
(Not sure if that was with reference to my IRL story you remember me telling or a joke, but it works in any case. :lol:)

Tank

Quote from: Siz on November 12, 2019, 12:16:27 PM

(Not sure if that was with reference to my IRL story you remember me telling or a joke, but it works in any case. :lol:)

You were very drunk :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Siz

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2019, 12:19:25 PM

Oh, Man, did I do something gay when I was up north that I can't remember? Doesn't often happen that I can't remember when drinking. I do remember being a dick, of course, but not that... whatever 'that' was...

hermes2015

You are such a naughty one!
― Charles Eames

Davin

I bought some parts for my fridge because I need to fix it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Siz on November 12, 2019, 08:02:14 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 12, 2019, 02:57:25 AM
That sailboat is way cool! I had considered learning sailing, (never learned how, having only worked in the engine room of a ship- no sails there!) but all my energy ended up spent on getting the kids food every day. Now that I'm retired and arthritic, I have to choose my energy expenditures carefully.

BoT, the last thing I bought was a wall plate that has a coaxial connector and a jack for the ethernet cable, in one piece! Saved me from punching another hole in the wall (after, of course, finding a stud, etc).

There appear to be a lot of sea dogs on here. I'm guessing that's because of US national service in the most part??
My Dad (US) was an Air Force engineer.

I served my time at the sailing club servicing my kid's sailing needs. Now they're self-sufficient, it's time to catch up on my own fun.

Wouldn't you need to AVOID the stud?

I would want to attach the box to the side of the stud for stability. Having it just in the drywall, where power cords are connected and disconnected will eventually break the drywall if I don't.

Tank

Quote from: Siz on November 12, 2019, 12:26:58 PM

Oh, Man, did I do something gay when I was up north that I can't remember? Doesn't often happen that I can't remember when drinking. I do remember being a dick, of course, but not that... whatever 'that' was...

No. I was just winding you up! :D

Siz

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2019, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: Siz on November 12, 2019, 12:26:58 PM

No. I was just winding you up! :D

Wanker!

I WAS particularly hammered that night.