News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Insomnia

Started by xSilverPhinx, October 07, 2019, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on November 07, 2019, 04:43:49 AM
Have you tried reading the bible?

I have, and couldn't get past "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." It doesn't help me sleep though, just makes me feel annoyed thinking there are people who believe this book to be something more than a origin story and collection of myths. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on November 07, 2019, 04:57:23 PM
I've been trying out a new brand of melatonin gummies for the last month and I am pretty impressed. Here's the brand. It is a bit more expensive than other melatonin suppliments I've tried but it works well.

This is the podcast that I put on. Something about this guy's voice puts me to sleep almost instantly.

QuoteBedtime stories to help grown ups fall asleep in the deep, dark night.

Sounds absolutely snore-inducing. I'll give it a try.  :thumbsup:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 07, 2019, 11:14:48 PM
Quote from: Buddy on November 07, 2019, 04:57:23 PM
I've been trying out a new brand of melatonin gummies for the last month and I am pretty impressed. Here's the brand. It is a bit more expensive than other melatonin suppliments I've tried but it works well.

This is the podcast that I put on. Something about this guy's voice puts me to sleep almost instantly.

QuoteBedtime stories to help grown ups fall asleep in the deep, dark night.

Sounds absolutely snore-inducing. I'll give it a try.  :thumbsup:

I can say that I have never even made it to the bedtime story portion. I always fall asleep during the introduction
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

billy rubin

another call at midnight. no work today, again. zo im wide awake but wont be getting up for three or four more hours.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on November 10, 2019, 08:55:06 AM
another call at midnight. no work today, again. zo im wide awake but wont be getting up for three or four more hours.

Are you paid by  the delivery or salaried?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on November 10, 2019, 08:55:59 AM

by the hour.

normal work week is 60 hours. last week was only 35.

things always slow down in the oil fields in the winter, because everybody has blown their annual budgets by the end of the fiscal year, but this is leaner than usual.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on November 10, 2019, 09:13:55 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 10, 2019, 08:55:59 AM

by the hour.

normal work week is 60 hours. last week was only 35.

things always slow down in the oil fields in the winter, because everybody has blown their annual budgets by the end of the fiscal year, but this is leaner than usual.

I thought as much. But presumably you do every hour you can get during the summer?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

yes. the business is cyclic by its nature, and winter hours are always a bit low.

i worked wellhead for a while. that was nightmarish. 119 hours per week, 7 days a week, three days or so off between wells every month or so.

driving bottlez iz like a vacation compared to that