Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Nice! I remember having one of them things crash into my window some years back. I think it got a concussion... Or was drunk. Or both. Cool birds though.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

That is a cool bird.

The kookaburras around here have increased in number, recovered from the dry years I suppose.
Their combined call is nearly back to what it used to be. :)

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on January 10, 2023, 07:35:38 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on January 10, 2023, 03:19:03 AMHe does get around, doesn't he?
Are you implying that Jesus is a... Slut?! :grin:

Your personal Jesus could be a slut if you want him to be, his himness could even be indeterminate.  Should be, indeterminate is in these days. 

billy rubin

those sparrow hawks are beautiful. 8 times human visual acuity.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on January 14, 2023, 03:24:58 PMthose sparrow hawks are beautiful. 8 times human visual acuity.
ah, yes, but 8 times a military sharpshooter, or 8 times Timmy, the kid with two-inches-thick glasses? :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

The Fuji X30 is a brilliant little camera with a lovely lens and colour balance.

Tank

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PMAll things photography.
Photos you took.
Photos you are in.
Photos you like.
Photos that tell a story.

Photography is my hobby and I got my first proper camera in '77. One of my daughters became a professional photographer (proud dad smily required).

If you need help adding photographs to your posts then there is a post about it here How to add an image to your posts.

For technical photographic questions see Photography technical questions.

A little green bug.

that is a wonderful photo.

that is not a bug. that is a beetle.

please make a note of it

lol

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

billy rubin

billy rubin

Quote from: Asmodean on January 16, 2023, 11:59:17 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on January 14, 2023, 03:24:58 PMthose sparrow hawks are beautiful. 8 times human visual acuity.
ah, yes, but 8 times a military sharpshooter, or 8 times Timmy, the kid with two-inches-thick glasses? :D

dunno. i had a professor once who would snare them, for some purpose or other.

he would spot one on a telephone pole, then drive 1/4 mile down the road, set a snare with a white mouse in it, then drive around the corner and wait ten or twenty minutes. then he would return and catch the kestrel which had snagged itself in the snare to eat the mouse

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on January 22, 2023, 06:04:03 PMYou can see the swan but can you see the heron?

you have coots in britain? the mudhen next to the swan