News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on October 26, 2022, 08:42:41 PM...
good whites and blacks are hard to get with emulsion films

Yes, that is true. Ansel Adams was a master with his Zone System, which I strove to follow in the early days when I used to do some darkroom work. For some reason my prints were never mistaken for any by him!  :snicker:

One trick I did use successfully with Kodak Tri-X film was to over expose and under develop. That resulted in lots of shadow detail, but without blown out highlights.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Our OSHA has some definite good intentions even though some of the OSHA inspectors were, and are, full of themselves as well as full of shit.

The 1920 era had little regard for safety and welfare of the worker.

As for OSHA and its operatives, my small manufacturing facility was once inspected. I was busted for two serious violations.  One of them was that the women's toilets had seats that were open in the front, the same as the men's room toilets.

The second violation was that the huge  twelve foot by ten foot, permanently open door, did not provide a safe escape from a fire that might occur.  The problem is that it did not have a firmly affixed sign that said: Fire escape exit.  Not surprisingly we had no inflammables' in the building at all.  Well not unless several tons of aluminum extrusions are to be considered a fire hazard.

Tank

More a screen shot than a photo but fun none-the-less. This made me laugh. :)

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Tank

Double rainbow, you have to look closely, over Spofforth Castle.

Asmodean

Cool!

...Wait, does that mean that there be two pots of gold in them hills over yonder? :thoughtful:

...Actually, if a pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, and an rainbow generally has two ends, and there being two rainbows... Just how much gold is there?! Now that's some third grade math homework if ever The Asmo hath seen any.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Asmodean

The gold shall rightfully be The Asmo's. :smilenod:

One of these days... see if it shall not! Hashtag luxembourgisdoomed.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tank