News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2022, 01:05:02 PMGiving Raised by Wolves a other chance. I want to like that show. I dislike being bored or have my immersion constantly broken when watching or reading Sci-Fi/fantasy. The concept has potential too - some cool minimalistic visuals and appealing aesthetics also... But for the writing. Well, also the acting. Mostly by the "main" kid, but he's a kid, so... He probably doesn't know how to carry a poor writers' room or lacklustre directing yet.

Still, I shall try and stick with it through season one at least.

They seemed to have cancelled it without completing it in S2.
Did you at least see Mother get her empowering eyes and start flying around and smiting believers?

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2022, 01:05:02 PMI have Black Sun Rising in my "bin of sin." Was meaning to read, but simply never got around to it. Now that I'm reminded though... There be possibilities.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 13, 2022, 01:15:35 PMDid you at least see Mother get her empowering eyes and start flying around and smiting believers?
She did a speck of weird hovering in Jesus-pose an episode ago, but I don't think she smote any believers. I'm on episode... Six? Maybe seven.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Wu Assasins on Netflix. Don't bother, it's crap.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Watching Rings of Power for that review I promised. It's... Giving an Asmo pains in His Divine Eyebrows.

I'll see if I wall-of-text it or go episode by episode. The latter would make a better review, but then it would also likely turn into a book of many, many pages.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

You have no idea. I just did the first episode, and I have three pages of notes. In my hand, which is to say three tightly covered pages. Of notes.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

:o

Ok. You may write a 12 word synopsis of each episode.

Asmodean

What is this concept of 12 words, of which you speak? :headscratch: There does not exist a number of words nearly that small. That's like... Words equivalent of sub-plankc units. The rules of linguistics break when you do that and a discussion turns into... Well, Twitter, if we're honest. SMS, even.

The horror!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

E1 Galadriel's role is written so well, Morfydd Clark plays it to perfection.

Asmodean

She's actually not the worst part of the episode, I think. Well, in a way, but not so much as a character as in the circumstances she finds herself in leading up to and including the introduction of fake Aragorn. (Shall I spoil these sorts of things? Yeah... Why not? It's not like it would somehow lessen the mystery that wasn't there. Fake Aragorn is indeed Sauron. Who, apart from "everybody" who looked closely enough, would have suspected - yes, even in the first episode?)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If you have toothache and you need something to distract you watch Attack on Titan (2022)

It should be made compulsory viewing on every media course, just to illustrate what NOT to do. I have never reached for the '1' vote on IMDb faster. It is truly awful. And it's awful in all aspects, script, acting, story, editing, direction the lot. The acting is so wooden the whole production must be carbon negative.

DO NOT WATCH!

Asmodean

Avatar 2 in 3D. I actually didn't mind it. I mean, it was no great feat of storytelling - probably worse in that regard than the first film, but I thought it was fun.

A "must see" it is not, but it is... Inoffensively-entertaining.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

I'm watching Star Trek DS9 again.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank