News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The Art and things we've made thread...

Started by Claireliontamer, January 28, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

In my case part of it stems from being anemic. My marrow is making too much of one or more kinds of cells, which are crowding out the red blood cell makers.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 06, 2023, 06:30:20 PMIn my case part of it stems from being anemic. My marrow is making too much of one or more kinds of cells, which are crowding out the red blood cell makers.

Do you take any medication for that condition? In my case, I find that if I can just overcome the initial activation energy hump I gather momentum as I work. Then, during the making process the ideas for new things just keep multiplying in my head.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

I don't know of any medications for it. I'll ask the doctor, next time. Maybe red blood cells from a donor?

MarcusA

I do burnouts
on paper. I do poems,
rather bad poems.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Personal art is never eventually private.

MarcusA

What is hidden art but a hidden  heart.

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 06, 2023, 06:30:20 PMIn my case part of it stems from being anemic. My marrow is making too much of one or more kinds of cells, which are crowding out the red blood cell makers.

so you have excess leukocyte production?

anaemic or not, does this increase your resistence to infection?

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 20, 2023, 12:45:17 PM

Fuck, I'm ill but I don't go on about it.

Dark Lightning

I don't know, except that one of the symptoms of an advanced state is lowered resistance to infection. Not there, yet. It may be years before that happens.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: MarcusA on May 20, 2023, 04:53:04 PM

You just bang on about everything else.

MarcusA

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 20, 2023, 05:01:41 PM

What else is there to do? Talking about your illness doesn't help.

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 20, 2023, 04:57:43 PM

I don't know, except that one of the symptoms of an advanced state is lowered resistance to infection. Not there, yet. It may be years before that happens.

interesting. i would have thought the opposite. depends on what the leukocytes are, i guess. im immediately out of my depth on anything microbiology.

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 20, 2023, 09:51:27 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 20, 2023, 04:57:43 PM

interesting. i would have thought the opposite. depends on what the leukocytes are, i guess. im immediately out of my depth on anything microbiology.

You're out of your depth because neither of you is a doctor.

The Magic Pudding.

Talk of illness can become tedious but it isn't hard to ignore, and that is the polite thing to do.
On the other hand a constant flow of verbal diarrhoea is harder to ignore entirely. 
A crappy flow of pseudo wisdom I doubt passes the Turing test, but I'm not really paying attention.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on May 21, 2023, 02:39:30 AM

Talk of illness can become tedious but it isn't hard to ignore, and that is the polite thing to do.
On the other hand a constant flow of verbal diarrhoea is harder to ignore entirely. 
A crappy flow of pseudo wisdom I doubt passes the Turing test, but I'm not really paying attention.

:lol: