News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

This has been my favourite version of Bolero since I was a teenager and my grandfather played the album on his amazing HIFI setup, which amongst other things included 7 ft square exponential base horns with a design cut off of 20 Hz, but produced measurable and "feelable" output down to 12 Hz.

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

something different from shankar

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

i hadnt listened this for years. the i caught the 3rd movement on the radio and said

how could i have neglected this? its spectacular.

especially the third movement.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 20, 2023, 09:49:42 PM

Great, I love discovering composers I haven't heard before. I shall be exploring Florence Price's work.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Vilde Frang has made a big impact with her brilliant playing. Here in Stravinsky's Violin Concerto No. 1.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Another, joyful, performance of the Stravinsky Violin Concerto. Patricia Kopatchinskaja and Andrés Orozco-Estrada are having a really fun time with the Frankfurt Radio Symphony.

― Charles Eames

Asmodean

The Asmo is all exotic and almost-feel-goody today... Though in a grumpy, potentially smity way, of course.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

my daughter was taking a shower and this was coming out of the bathroom

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I love classical Indian music, don't appreciate Arabic music very much.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

billy rubin

Asmodean

The Asmo be listening to obscure Norwegian Pop.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

That lady is  a Harmonica wizard. I like it.

Here is a stumble across for a singer that I have not previously heard. Her voice is really clean and crisp. This song title  describes a thought that that I sometimes contemplate.