News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What Was Your Favourite Age?

Started by Bad Penny II, April 14, 2021, 03:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

I was reading Turgenev yesterday and a scene he set made me think, when was my favourite time?
No you weren't, you awoke 4AMish, turned on the radio, Trevor on the FM was doing something inane to fill the vacant hours.
Ye ye, I don't deny early morning Trevor as an influence but that doesn't preclude Turgenev's influence in this thread's inception
You've never read Turgenev.
No, I haven't but I'm not going argue, Turgy would want me to.

I cringe at the old people "this year is my best year" optimists.
No one very early morning Trevor talked to said a twenties year was their favourite year, except the news guy, he was 29.

And he played this stupid song, "these are the best years of our lives"

It seems I'm of an age where as bad as the year is it's probably better than any to come

I liked 22-25

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Right now.  I have more money and more freedom than ever before, and haven't started any serious decline. I get to travel a lot and I seem to have a better handle on knowledge in general than ever.  Wisdom, perhaps?  I don't have all the stresses and insecurities of youth anymore. Sure, my body isn't what it was, but other positives more than compensate for it.  I like myself now better than ever before.  68 ain't bad.

Randy

Oh wow, that's hard to say. I'd say my late forties. I was gainfully employed, in good health, did some traveling... I'm glad I did all that instead of waiting for retirement.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

xSilverPhinx

:notsure: I don't think I have a favourite age...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

I'd say 35, just wish I'd made better use of it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

I would have to say my late teens to mid twenties, when I was at university for 8 years, acquiring 4 degrees along the way. Those were the years when I seemed to discover new, exciting things almost every day with a small group of like-minded friends.

If only I knew then what I know now.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

i have different favorite ages for different things, i guess.

i was in better physical shape in my 20s but my life was not adequately under my direction.

i was smarter in my 30s but my life still wasnt as successful as i wanted

in my 40s i found the love of my life but lost all financial stability

my 50s were all busy raising wonderful kids with no time for anything else

now im in my 60s and im poor but i dont care any more

when im dead someone else can write me an epitaph

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If I'd known then what I know now 14.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.