News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we have an athiest forum?

Started by Tank, August 02, 2011, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on August 03, 2011, 03:33:57 PM
What if the section was "Life as an atheist" and went in the Community category.

It would be non academic yet still indicate what the area is for.  Most people don't read the descriptions so the title has to have some indication if we don't want people dumping everything atheist related in there (which would kill large parts of the rest of the forum).
That works for me as it does what it says on the tin!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

OK, the new forum was created and I moved a lot of related posts into it to further help people understand what type of topics should go there.

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on August 04, 2011, 02:11:29 AM
OK, the new forum was created and I moved a lot of related posts into it to further help people understand what type of topics should go there.
I feel rotten now, I'd have done the moving! But a bloody good job Whitney.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Medusa

Yes very good. All very neat and clean and it's all done before I even knew it!
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Sweetdeath

I just noticed the new sub-forum!  Awesome <3
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 06, 2011, 11:52:22 PM
I just noticed the new sub-forum!  Awesome <3
I think it should help with a little focus.

Did you know HAF has a Facebook page too? http://www.facebook.com/HappyAtheist

Sweetdeath

Yes, I joined the same day I joined the main forum. *happy cackle*

I wanted to ask how many of our members were actually on it?

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 07, 2011, 04:01:59 PM
Yes, I joined the same day I joined the main forum. *happy cackle*

I wanted to ask how many of our members were actually on it?
I have no idea how many are mutual members and I'm not sure there would be anyway of finding out either.

Sweetdeath

I don't post in the fb one anyway, I mainly lurk like a girl in the bushes.