News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

2nd Annual Texas Freethought Convention coming in November!

Started by Whitney, July 07, 2009, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

If you wanted to go to TAM but couldn't make it (or would like to go to more free-thought conventions), there is also a convention held in Texas.  This year it will be in San Antonio (it was in Austin last year...might be in Dallas next year).

I gave my flier away, but I think the cost was $25 for adults and children under 13 yrs are free.  You don't have to be a Texan to come.  They are also going to be trying to block off some hotels room to help on that cost.  (Free drinks were also mentioned)

http://www.texasfreethoughtconvention.com/

Paul, the director of Texas Freethought Convention is a great guy.  I was able to talk to him for quite some time on Sunday after the North Texas Church of Freethought service.  If you click on the "purpose" link at the top of the convention's website you can see pictures of the groups he has been visiting.  (I'm in a green shirt in the picture that is talking about Zachary...I was blinking, lol)  

Paul will also be visiting a couple other Freethought Dallas groups this week, including Freethinkers' of Dallas's wednesday meetup.  Be sure to come join us for a beer or visit the other meetup he is attending wednesday.  Here are the links:

Free Thinkers of Dallas (I organize FToD and will be there)
http://www.meetup.com/Free-Thinkers-of- ... /10766863/

Metroplex Atheists (They are the ones who did most of the leg work to get the DFWCOR formed and put up the billboards in Fort Worth and Dallas!):
http://www.meetup.com/Metroplex-Atheist ... /10768119/

Squid

BadPoison

How about that! The lady and I might just have to head over  :D

Whitney

Yes, you both have to go!  We could get together for a few beers :beer:

Kylyssa

Of course I'm not a Texan but it cheers me naetheless to hear of something positive like this going on in Texas.

Whitney

Squid

Quote from: "Whitney"I got my hotel reserved last week.

Who's going?

Unless Ihave something come up, I hope to make it out there. Since I live in town and all I don't have much for excuses  :P

Whitney

Quote from: "Squid"
Quote from: "Whitney"I got my hotel reserved last week.

Who's going?

Unless Ihave something come up, I hope to make it out there. Since I live in town and all I don't have much for excuses  :headbang:

Whitney

Bump, if anyone else is going or will be in the area, let me know.

Renegnicat

I'm not going. Lot's of uncertainty as to my upcoming court date, and I'm kind of anti-social. I just don't know... :eek2:
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

BadPoison

I was recently reminded of this, and there is a chance I'll be there. Will update this soon.

Also: I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll try to hop on more often. The new job has kept me on the busy side of insanity.

Cheers!

:sheep:

Squid

I live in town, but as lame as it seems, I may not be at the convention - lots of other junk to do like get my final thesis proposal to my committee by the 16th.  Yes, yes, I am a procrastinator....at least I'm really good at that.  However, I could be up for hanging out afterwards since I could definitely dig a beer or two or four later that evening.  It would be awesome to meet some folks in person.

Whitney

Squid, I'll be getting into town friday evening if that works better for you.  However, I won't have a car because I'm riding with friends so we'd need to meet at the hotel bar.

Squid

Quote from: "Whitney"Squid, I'll be getting into town friday evening if that works better for you.  However, I won't have a car because I'm riding with friends so we'd need to meet at the hotel bar.

Hotel bar? Sweet.  I have to make a run to Cuero Friday evening and back to SA so I may not be back in town Friday evening until about 9, if that's cool.  But I'm up late on the weekends anyway.  You can give me a buzz or I can text you or whatever works.

Whitney

Quote from: "Squid"
Quote from: "Whitney"Squid, I'll be getting into town friday evening if that works better for you.  However, I won't have a car because I'm riding with friends so we'd need to meet at the hotel bar.

Hotel bar? Sweet.  I have to make a run to Cuero Friday evening and back to SA so I may not be back in town Friday evening until about 9, if that's cool.  But I'm up late on the weekends anyway.  You can give me a buzz or I can text you or whatever works.

No problem, 9 is not that late for me.  I'll also be in town Saturday night.